fbpx

Reply: Need Help...Cannot Get Former Supervisors to Acknowledge Experience

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need Help...Cannot Get Former Supervisors to Acknowledge Experience

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 weeks ago #16936

Joe Pang

Hi Bryan,

Let's see if we can help you out here

1. Can you be a little more specific on the things your supervisors disagree on?

2. Your understanding about the requirement is correct, you do not need to hold a PM title nor you have to be the sole individual responsible for every processes for every projects. Have you communicated with your 2 supervisors to make sure they are aware of this fact?

3. You mentioned that you have 6+ years of experience on PM, are there other people you can approach to get the verification done?
5 years 3 weeks ago #16933

Bryan Toepfer

Good afternoon. I am a licensed architect who has been working on projects at various firms and within the organizations themselves for the past six or so years. I spoke to two supervisors about using them on my application when I started this process and they were all for it. I have spent the last two months studying and am getting ready to fire up the exam simulators and take the exam. So I reached out to them with my application and hours as I was recommended in case of an Audit so were all prepared...Only for them to now be unsure if my experience counts because I was not the Project Manager for those projects. My understanding is we did not need to be a Project Manager in title, nor the sole individual responsible for running every aspect of projects, simply that we have experience in the five knowledge areas and directed portions of projects. I emailed the Prepcast team for advice and they said to contact PMI. I contacted PMI and they will not provide a response. The previous firm has gone through intense turnover and they are the only two I can contact. Is there anything I can do or am I truly held hostage by former supervisors and all this studying effort and money be for waste??

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login