Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Need Help...Cannot Get Former Supervisors to Acknowledge Experience

Need Help...Cannot Get Former Supervisors to Acknowledge Experience 2 months 4 weeks ago #16933

• Bryan Toepfer
  • Bryan Toepfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good afternoon. I am a licensed architect who has been working on projects at various firms and within the organizations themselves for the past six or so years. I spoke to two supervisors about using them on my application when I started this process and they were all for it. I have spent the last two months studying and am getting ready to fire up the exam simulators and take the exam. So I reached out to them with my application and hours as I was recommended in case of an Audit so were all prepared...Only for them to now be unsure if my experience counts because I was not the Project Manager for those projects. My understanding is we did not need to be a Project Manager in title, nor the sole individual responsible for running every aspect of projects, simply that we have experience in the five knowledge areas and directed portions of projects. I emailed the Prepcast team for advice and they said to contact PMI. I contacted PMI and they will not provide a response. The previous firm has gone through intense turnover and they are the only two I can contact. Is there anything I can do or am I truly held hostage by former supervisors and all this studying effort and money be for waste??

Need Help...Cannot Get Former Supervisors to Acknowledge Experience 2 months 4 weeks ago #16936

• Joe Pang
  • Thank you received: 52
Hi Bryan,

Let's see if we can help you out here

1. Can you be a little more specific on the things your supervisors disagree on?

2. Your understanding about the requirement is correct, you do not need to hold a PM title nor you have to be the sole individual responsible for every processes for every projects. Have you communicated with your 2 supervisors to make sure they are aware of this fact?

3. You mentioned that you have 6+ years of experience on PM, are there other people you can approach to get the verification done?
Toronto-based project manager, currently engaging in paperless transformation projects for utilities companies

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
21-Jun-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...