fbpx

Reply: Network Diagrams

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Network Diagrams

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 6 months ago #29889

Jeanie Burdi

Hello,
I was wondering what the answer to this is.
"Hello,
I'm a new customer to you all ...but I have been doing scheduling since 2003.
I have a question on Network/PERT diagrams.
I'm watching L06.05: Develop Schedule - Part 3, and noticed on your network diagram, activity A has a 5 day duration and the Start is 0 Finish is 5. It has a successor of B with a 2 day Duration, FS. Activity B has a Start of 5 and a Finish of 7. I have seen training videos where B would have a start of the next day...Start would be 6 and Finish on 8. Which is the right way to do this?
I ask...because in a schedule, you finish an activity, the successor doesn't start until the next day (unless you have weird calendar setup issues). If you have 100 activities...this could mean 100 day there is a 100 day delta between what you expect from the Network diagram and what is real, schedule.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I am training a young man in another country (via Instant Messaging) and I went back and forth on trying to explain this.

Any help you can provide would be great. Thank you so much.

Jeanie Burdi"
1 year 6 months ago #29888

Anonymous

's Avatar

Any update?
4 years 10 months ago #17504

Jeanie Burdi

What is the verdict?
5 years 3 days ago #17079

Jeanie Burdi

Was wondering if you found an answer to this?
5 years 3 weeks ago #16899

Cornelius Fichtner

Jeannie,

I'm looking into this. Give me a couple of days to review it.
5 years 3 weeks ago #16888

Jeanie Burdi

's Avatar

Hello,
I'm a new customer to you all ...but I have been doing scheduling since 2003.
I have a question on Network/PERT diagrams.
I'm watching L06.05: Develop Schedule - Part 3, and noticed on your network diagram, activity A has a 5 day duration and the Start is 0 Finish is 5. It has a successor of B with a 2 day Duration, FS. Activity B has a Start of 5 and a Finish of 7. I have seen training videos where B would have a start of the next day...Start would be 6 and Finish on 8. Which is the right way to do this?
I ask...because in a schedule, you finish an activity, the successor doesn't start until the next day (unless you have weird calendar setup issues). If you have 100 activities...this could mean 100 day there is a 100 day delta between what you expect from the Network diagram and what is real, schedule.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I am training a young man in another country (via Instant Messaging) and I went back and forth on trying to explain this.

Any help you can provide would be great. Thank you so much.

Jeanie Burdi

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login