Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Network Diagrams

Network Diagrams 1 year 4 months ago #16888

• Jeanie Burdi
  • Jeanie Burdi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
I'm a new customer to you all ...but I have been doing scheduling since 2003.
I have a question on Network/PERT diagrams.
I'm watching L06.05: Develop Schedule - Part 3, and noticed on your network diagram, activity A has a 5 day duration and the Start is 0 Finish is 5. It has a successor of B with a 2 day Duration, FS. Activity B has a Start of 5 and a Finish of 7. I have seen training videos where B would have a start of the next day...Start would be 6 and Finish on 8. Which is the right way to do this?
I ask...because in a schedule, you finish an activity, the successor doesn't start until the next day (unless you have weird calendar setup issues). If you have 100 activities...this could mean 100 day there is a 100 day delta between what you expect from the Network diagram and what is real, schedule.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I am training a young man in another country (via Instant Messaging) and I went back and forth on trying to explain this.

Any help you can provide would be great. Thank you so much.

Jeanie Burdi

Network Diagrams 1 year 4 months ago #16899

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 329
Jeannie,

I'm looking into this. Give me a couple of days to review it.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeanie Burdi

Network Diagrams 1 year 3 months ago #17079

• Jeanie Burdi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Be Passionate
  • Thank you received: 0
Was wondering if you found an answer to this?
The graveyard is filled with important men, who could not be spared....
but were... in the end.
Jeanie Burdi

Network Diagrams 1 year 2 months ago #17504

• Jeanie Burdi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Be Passionate
  • Thank you received: 0
What is the verdict?
The graveyard is filled with important men, who could not be spared....
but were... in the end.
Jeanie Burdi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPMohammad Alharbi, PMP, PMI-ACPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Get PMP Exam Ready in Just Four Weeks! Join the Live PMP Blended Training Course Starting August 10. Click to learn more...