fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Risk response plan does exist as a document itself?

Risk response plan does exist as a document itself? 5 years 1 month ago #16703

• LAURA CORREDOR
  • LAURA CORREDOR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Does the risk response plan exist as a document itself? Some sources refer to it as an existing document to review but the official outputs from Risk response planning from PMBOOK are update for project management plan, update for risk register and change requests.

Thank you

Risk response plan does exist as a document itself? 5 years 1 month ago #16709

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Laura,

According to PMBOK 6, the project manager can find the agreed-upon risk response strategy from the Risk Register and the Risk Report (pg448). For exam purpose, if the Risk Response Plan Document is shown in one of the answer choices, it would be an incorrect answer.

That being said, I would like to think that standalone risk response plans would not be uncommon in real-world projects, especially when the risk responses are elaborate and complex.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: LAURA CORREDOR

Risk response plan does exist as a document itself? 5 years 1 month ago #16710

• LAURA CORREDOR
  • LAURA CORREDOR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you very much. I was pretty sure of the answer but I found this incorrect answer (see attachment) at preparepm.com/pmp/risk.html and made me doubt.

I would not recommend this page...I found many errors in the answers...

Best regards
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben salomon

Risk response plan does exist as a document itself? 5 years 1 month ago #16712

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Thank you Laura for posting the source. I tried a couple of other questions on that site and can confirm that it is indeed very poorly designed.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login