fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP cerification conditons

PMP cerification conditons 5 years 3 months ago #16271

• Latifa Schiptjenko
  • Latifa Schiptjenko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To do the PMP exam there are some conditions like 4500 hours of project leading and having done a course of 35 hours.
Now for the project leading experience, I have been working as a Project Manager for 4 years. Is it good enough for PMI that I send a work certificate from HR (General Electric) stated that I have worked as PM ?
And does the work certificate need to be in English or is it ok with the Swedish work certificate?
I have done a course on PM and have diploma, but it is in Swedish. Are you ok with this?

PMP cerification conditons 5 years 3 months ago #16282

• Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Latifa,
Have you taken a look at the PMP handbook? It outlined what are required to apply for the PMP exam and also how to calculate the 4500 hours. In the application form, you have to indicate the number of hours worked for each of the 5 process groups and a short description for each project you have worked. Any overlapping hours between 2 projects will be counted once.

PMP cerification conditons 5 years 3 months ago #16285

• Latifa Schiptjenko
  • Latifa Schiptjenko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Cynthia,
Do have the link to the site where the PMP handbook is?

BR
Latifa

PMP cerification conditons 5 years 3 months ago #16291

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
This will take you to the handbook:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmphb
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login