fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Processes in process groups

Processes in process groups 5 years 5 months ago #15813

• Vikram Natarajan
  • Vikram Natarajan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Folks, Are the processes in each of the every five process group sequential? i.e. are the processes within a process group sequential?

Processes in process groups 5 years 5 months ago #15820

• Vikram Natarajan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand all processes in planning group are sequential. But not say M&C and execution. Is that right?

Processes in process groups 5 years 5 months ago #15827

• Jessica
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I wouldn't necessarily say that processes in the planning group are sequential. For example: output from the other planning processes are an inputs to the project management plan. So even though Develop Project Management Plan is an earlier process, you'll keep coming back to it as other processes are completed. I'd recommend mapping out the ITTOs in order to help understand how the processes interact.

Processes in process groups 5 years 5 months ago #15830

• Vikram Natarajan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank You Jessica. That was my hunch as well. The processes in planning seem to feed into each other iteratively based on ITTO flow. My class notes suggest planning processes are iterative which seems incorrect. May be I made a mistake in taking my notes
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login