fbpx

Reply: Question on develop project charter

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question on develop project charter

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15658

Steve Richards

Hi Deepak -
If you inherit a project (and it really a project) without a project charter, then you should immediately create the project charter. Without a project charter, written and approved, you really don't have an "official" project.

I hope this helps.
5 years 4 months ago #15647

Irtaza Ghafoor

As my understanding should a develop charter as per PMBO Guide.
5 years 4 months ago #15626

Deepak G

That's in pmtraining demo test.
5 years 4 months ago #15623

Ty Weston, PMP

I have to ask then, if no charter, then is there a real project? In my business, if I did not approve a project and one was being executed, it would not be well for that person.
What mock exam did you use?
5 years 4 months ago #15615

Deepak G

Hi,

I attempted one question in mock exam from two different sources.
Question is A project manager joins late in the execution phase of the project and figures out project charter is missing.
Source 1 says develop project charter when the project manager joins the project.
Source 2 says its too late to develop the project charter as the project is already in execution phase.

I understand that developing project charter sets the expectation and organization commitment but what to consider in above scenario as both sources are good sources for PMP mock exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login