fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Statement of work as an input to Develop Project Charter

Statement of work as an input to Develop Project Charter 5 years 5 months ago #15595

• George P
  • George P's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello
I have seen many discussions quoting Statement of work as Input to Develop Project Charter.
In PMBOK 6 the inputs are Business Case and Agreements I know the statement of work is included in Agreement which is the output of conduct procurement
Please clarify

Statement of work as an input to Develop Project Charter 5 years 5 months ago #15597

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi George,

For the Statement of Work that is the input to your Project Charter, it is the document for your own project and is provided by your customer.

For the Statement of Work that is the output of Plan Procurement Management, it is the document you produce for the potential vendor you are hiring.

Hope this clarify things, cheers
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Statement of work as an input to Develop Project Charter 5 years 5 months ago #15612

• Sarah Perrino
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Joe,

I do not understand if the project charter includes roles and responsibilities of everyone involved in the project, I thought those are developed later in Resources Management Plan. But in PMBOK guide, page 81, it states that at a high level, the project charter ensures roles and responsibilities of everyone, so maybe there are only saying their roles and responsibilities
at a high level?

thanks,

Statement of work as an input to Develop Project Charter 5 years 5 months ago #15624

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
They are generally at a high level depending on the size of the project.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login