fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Closing process

Closing process 5 years 5 months ago #15502

• Tola
  • Tola's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I want to say I have learnt so much on this forum...thank you. To my question, what is the first thing and the last thing a PM does in the closing process. I saw two conflicting answers and I need to clarify.

Thanks again

Closing process 5 years 5 months ago #15507

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
What are the conflicting answers you see?
The closing process per PMBOK 6 has eight inputs, but they all do not need to be done in order, or they all may not get used.

Closing process 5 years 5 months ago #15539

• Tola
  • Tola's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for your response. One study material says the most important activity of the closing process is lesson learned and the last activity is archival. Another material states the last activity is to release the team. I have come across questions asking what you do next after the deliverable has been accepted by the customer

Closing process 5 years 5 months ago #15543

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Answering questions from the Closing group can be tricky, without a specific question it is a bit hard for us to help you rationalize it. Always remember to find the best answer out of all choices.

Make sure you study the PMP exam outline, remember all the steps. When encountered with such a question, eliminate the incorrect answers first, then apply the PMP-mindset to find the best answer.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login