fbpx

Reply: why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 weeks ago #16665

Joe Pang

Hi Christina,

Make yourself comfortable today, do something you enjoy in your spare time. Remember to regulate your breathing during the exam, and live in the present, this will reduce your anxiety level.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow!
5 years 3 weeks ago #16664

Christina Curro

Hi Joe,

This does help. I was not thinking about it from an agile perspective. Thank you for clearing this up.

I have my exam tomorrow morning. It is my second attempt, and I have been studying for months - however I am still extremely anxious. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. :)

Thank you,

Christina
5 years 3 weeks ago #16662

Joe Pang

Hi Christina,

Let's say my project is currently in the Execution phase, and I realized the need to add new stakeholders, then I will need to perform Identify Stakeholders for the second time. Which also means I will have my Project Management Plan handy to aid my stakeholder identification task.

Sometimes you will need to perform the same process multiple times in a project, that why I brought out the point that this topic is iterative.

Hope this helps
5 years 4 weeks ago #16661

Christina Curro

Hello,

I do not feel this addresses the real question which is how is the Project Management plan an input in the innitiation process, when it is not created until Develop Project maangement plan in the planning process?

Thanks.
5 years 5 months ago #15299

Joe Pang

Kathy Castle wrote: Project management plan is a comprehensive document which involves sub documents for project management. Stakeholder register is a part of Project Management Plan. When you review the project management plan yopu can easily understand who your projects stakeholders are and who can be your projects stakeholders. I recommend you to read this article related with Project Management Plan

To be precise, the stakeholder register is part of the Project Documents, rather than Project Management Plan

The full list of what the Project Management Plan and Project Documents include can be found in pg 89 of PMBOK 6
5 years 5 months ago #15297

Kathy Castle

's Avatar

Project management plan is a comprehensive document which involves sub documents for project management. Stakeholder register is a part of Project Management Plan. When you review the project management plan yopu can easily understand who your projects stakeholders are and who can be your projects stakeholders. I recommend you to read this article related with Project Management Plan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login