fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder?

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 5 months ago #15267

• Harish Kapadia
  • Harish Kapadia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I need explanation as to why PM plan is an input to Identify Stakeholder process? I consider Identify Stakeholder to be next to Develop Project charter process. I thought Develop Project Management Plan process comes after Identify Stakeholder process, so PM plan should not be considered as an input to Identify Stakeholder process. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Thank you

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 5 months ago #15268

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Hi Harish,

Do remember that many processes in a project are iterative, additional stakeholders may join in the middle of the project. Therefore the Project Management Plan may be required in the subsequent iterations, commonly used to identify communication and stakeholder engagement strategies.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 5 months ago #15297

• Kathy Castle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Project management plan is a comprehensive document which involves sub documents for project management. Stakeholder register is a part of Project Management Plan. When you review the project management plan yopu can easily understand who your projects stakeholders are and who can be your projects stakeholders. I recommend you to read this article related with Project Management Plan

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 5 months ago #15299

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Kathy Castle wrote: Project management plan is a comprehensive document which involves sub documents for project management. Stakeholder register is a part of Project Management Plan. When you review the project management plan yopu can easily understand who your projects stakeholders are and who can be your projects stakeholders. I recommend you to read this article related with Project Management Plan

To be precise, the stakeholder register is part of the Project Documents, rather than Project Management Plan

The full list of what the Project Management Plan and Project Documents include can be found in pg 89 of PMBOK 6
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Last edit: by Joe Pang.

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 4 weeks ago #16661

• Christina Curro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

I do not feel this addresses the real question which is how is the Project Management plan an input in the innitiation process, when it is not created until Develop Project maangement plan in the planning process?

Thanks.

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16662

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Christina,

Let's say my project is currently in the Execution phase, and I realized the need to add new stakeholders, then I will need to perform Identify Stakeholders for the second time. Which also means I will have my Project Management Plan handy to aid my stakeholder identification task.

Sometimes you will need to perform the same process multiple times in a project, that why I brought out the point that this topic is iterative.

Hope this helps

The following user(s) said Thank You: Edidiong Nwaokobia

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16664

• Christina Curro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Joe,

This does help. I was not thinking about it from an agile perspective. Thank you for clearing this up.

I have my exam tomorrow morning. It is my second attempt, and I have been studying for months - however I am still extremely anxious. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. :)

Thank you,

Christina

why is project management plan an input to identify stakeholder? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16665

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Christina,

Make yourself comfortable today, do something you enjoy in your spare time. Remember to regulate your breathing during the exam, and live in the present, this will reduce your anxiety level.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow!

Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login