fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Exam In 40 Days

Exam In 40 Days 5 years 7 months ago #15082

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Rohan Panade PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello All,
I have completed reading first time PMBOK guide and completed the Prepcast.
Started taking simulator exams but results are not encouraging - Can you please advise how do I improve to ensure I hit 70-80% average scoring.
Would highly appreciate you immediate responses
Regards,
Rohan Panade

Exam In 40 Days 5 years 7 months ago #15087

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I used flash cards to help improve my knowledge and response time. Just making them up added 20 points to my score, using them over time put me consistently in the passing range. One point, when I used different online test my scores always dropped! Back to the flash cards!
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

Exam In 40 Days 5 years 7 months ago #15090

• Amy Martinez
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 5
I actually found that reviewing the incorrect answers on the simulator and other practice quizzes greatly improved my overall accuracy in getting questions right. I took the time to read through the explanations and understand why I got a question wrong and why the correct answer was "correct". I also used flash cards to help with general understanding and memorization of key terms. If its any consolation, I did not score over 65% on my simulator exams and was still able to pass the exam successfully.

I'm not someone who can just memorize information and regurgitate when needed. So for most concepts, I truly needed to understand what, why, and how it is used.

Hope that helps!

Exam In 40 Days 5 years 7 months ago #15093

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you John. Appreciate valuable inputs.
Regards,
Rohan Panade

Exam In 40 Days 5 years 7 months ago #15094

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Amy,
Thank you and your pointers are helpful tips.
Regards,
Rohan Panade
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login