fbpx

Reply: Failed PMP twice ! Next exam scheduled for next week

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed PMP twice ! Next exam scheduled for next week

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 4 months ago #29977

Brad Pennington, PMP

Sorry to hear this. For anyone out there who is struggling to pass the PMP exam, the PMBOK is not enough. The PMBOK is exactly what the title says, it’s a “body of knowledge,” not a study guide. If you are studying for the PMP exam, you need a solid study guide (I used Andy Crowe’s guide, but many use Rita Mulcahy’s book and have success) and a good exam simulator. I was 8-10 practice exams deep before I went to the testing center, all of which were on PrepCast. The PMBOK is a fine study resource, and using it isn’t a bad idea, but you MUST use multiple sources. Best of luck!
1 year 4 months ago #29975

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Hi Jacob,

I am sorry to hear that you failed your PMP exam twice, but I like how you are not giving up and still reaching out for help. Like most people mentioned it here, using PMBOK alone will not be sufficient to pass your PMP exam. I will recommend using other PMP study resources and materials such Agile Practice guide, PMBOK 7th Edition, PMI chapter, PMP exam prep simulator, PMP APP (i.e.: PMI PMP Exam Prep and PMP Handbook, these are free apps), and I also recently learned that PMI now offered PMP Exam prep simulator for $99 USD. I will recommend giving yourself enough time to study before you register for your next and final PMP exam. You have already taken the exam before, so you already know what to expect. And with a very detailed study plan, you would be ready to pass your PMP. Best of luck!
1 year 4 months ago #29922

Anonymous

's Avatar

Read for one year and only study Rita and Andrew Ramdayal Udemy PMP Q and A
4 years 3 months ago #19316

Tonya

's Avatar

Hang in there, your hard work will pay off.

I'm sure your children love and support you whether you pass the PMP or not. I do understand it may sting a bit, but this could be a great lesson for them in the future when they want to give up and remember how you stuck it out and worked hard until you accomplished your goal!
4 years 4 months ago #19124

Jen

's Avatar

When you took the exam the second time were the questions the same?
4 years 4 months ago #19112

Pierre

's Avatar

Heelo,

I just went this morning for my third attempt to pass the PMP. Last week I almost got it, I was slightly below target on 2 processes and like you, I got "need improvment" on the initiatig and closing which make no sense after all the preparation hours. Last week I had almost above target for executing and today need improvement! I also had an above target for closing when last week it needed improvement. This exam is brutal, I have no idea what to do next as now I will have to wait a year and then the exam change in June 2020. If I combine my good marks from last week and this morning I would pass but PMI won't see it this way. I am well over 60 so maybe this is too demanding for me to stress for 4 hours in front of a computer non-stop. I am a security integration project manager, I need this certification as it starts to be a requirement from governments and big companies RFP's although I don't know a single PM in the security business with a PMP certification. I think what is hard to take is the shame at home, I have 2 very supportive kids who were waiting for the results this morning and DAD failed again ! I think thats where it hurt the most.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login