fbpx

Reply: What counts as hours towards Project Management?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What counts as hours towards Project Management?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 9 months ago #14443

Ty Weston, PMP

The PMP hours can be anything where you lead or managed a project, and where the term 'project' is consistent with the PMI. As we know, a Program Manager may or may not manage a specific and individual project. The point here is that if you can adequately prove, and have someone verify it, that you actually lead, managed, or was part of a project and your actions are consistent with the definition of a project, those hours should be accepted.
As always, if you have deep concern, I would recommend you call the PMI and and get clarification.
5 years 9 months ago #14438

Austin

's Avatar

While I have a 4-year degree, I am unsure if my program management hours (past 3 years totaling 6,240 hours) would count towards the project management hours required to get the PMP certification. I have been a program manager for a non-profit in Nashville, TN.

Does anyone know the answer to this? If this position does not count towards hours required, can someone point me in a general direction as to how I can get on the Project Management pathway?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login