fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Test 6th edition - lesson 07.06.1

PMP Test 6th edition - lesson 07.06.1 6 years 1 week ago #13961

• Ouria Cohen
  • Ouria Cohen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,
I am studying for my pmp exam due in June. I am viewing all lessons in the prep cast and also reading the PMBOK as I go.
I am on chapter 7 and encountered a question and would appreciate any help. The prep cast includes lessons:
*07.06.1 - 07.06.2
*07.07.1 - 07.07.3
However, these sections do not appear in the PMBOK guide. What am I missing?
Thanks everyone for the help!
Ouria

PMP Test 6th edition - lesson 07.06.1 6 years 1 week ago #13964

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hello Ouria,

It is a common misconception that the PMP exam is testing what is in the PMBOK Guide. That is not the case. The guide is the primary reference for the exam, but you will see questions on the exam that come from sources other than the guide.

The complete knowledge that you may need to know for the exam is covered in the PMP Exam Content Outline which you can download from www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmpoutline

This is why The PM PrepCast not only covers content from the guide, but also includes additional lessons that cover the 'other' material. So any lesson that numerically 'doesn't match up' with the chapters in the PMBOK Guide is is such an additional lesson.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMP Test 6th edition - lesson 07.06.1 6 years 1 week ago #13975

• Ouria Cohen
  • Ouria Cohen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Got it,
Thank you very much for clarifying that out.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login