Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Had to reschedule the Exam - shifting to after March, 26 (scheduled initially before March, 26).

Had to reschedule the Exam - shifting to after March, 26 (scheduled initially before March, 26). 1 year 4 months ago #13837

• Oleg Zhuravlev
  • Oleg Zhuravlev's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, everyone!

My initial appointment (PMP exam) was scheduled March, 17. I have rescheduled with Prometric and the new date of appointment now is April, 14th.
Is my understanding correct: I will have to pass the Exam with reference to 6th Edition of PMBOK Guide?
Or I still can study 5th Edition?

Thank you!
Oleg, Moscow

Had to reschedule the Exam - shifting to after March, 26 (scheduled initially before March, 26). 1 year 4 months ago #13838

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Oleg,
My understanding is once the testing centers make the shift the only test they will have is the 6th PMBOK Guide version. Please note there is enough of a change you will need to review the new material. Please look at this Webpage: www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...ok-guide-6th-edition for the latest updates.
jfw
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornelius Fichtner, Oleg Zhuravlev

Had to reschedule the Exam - shifting to after March, 26 (scheduled initially before March, 26). 1 year 3 months ago #14036

• Brad Ferrell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Oleg,

If you've already taken the 6th edition exam, could you please let me know how the exam was compared to how the 5th edition exam material? Was there a focus on Agile concepts? More/less formula based question? More/less social responsibility questions?

Thanks!!!
Creator of PMP Powwow
pmppowwow.wordpress.com

Had to reschedule the Exam - shifting to after March, 26 (scheduled initially before March, 26). 1 year 3 months ago #14039

• Oleg Zhuravlev
  • Oleg Zhuravlev's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Brad,

I passed the exam and I'm very happy about this fact.
The answer to your question is a 'composite' one. There were not so many questions on Agile, I could recall 2 or 3. The difference with the 5th Edition Exam material wasn't huge, but the candidate should definitely get acquainted with the 6th Edition PMBOK Guide and Simulation Exams. For example I could recall a few questions concerning 4.5. Manage project knowledge. There is a section in the new PMBOK version that describes differences between 5th and 6th edition by each knowledge area. The PM-Exam-Simulator has helped me a lot, many thanks to the team! I would definitely recommend to go through simulation exams based on 6th edition: that would increase the chance of success. Oh, and EVM questions (formulas) I faced were similar to 5th Edition, but you should know them well , in order to be confident.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on August 24/25 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...