fbpx

Reply: PMP 6th Edition Exam Scope

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP 6th Edition Exam Scope

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13635

Cornelius Fichtner

Rohan,

Thank you so much for this question! I decided that there must be more students out there who are wondering the same thing, so I decided to write a complete article on this topic. It will take a few weeks to complete the article, but here is the general outline, which will already help you:

- The PMP Exam is not based on the PMBOK Guide. Instead it is based on the PMP Examination Content Outline.
- Many of the questions on the exam, however, use the PMBOK Guide as their primary reference to identify correct answers
- The PMBOK Guide has three sections that you should study as follows:
-- Section 1: This is your primary study content
-- Section 2: This is the standard of project management and is a "short version" of Section 1. You don't necessarily need to review this because Section 1 covers this as well.
-- Section 3: Study appendices X3-X6 as well as the Glossary

Again, thanks for the question and more details will be in the forthcoming article.
6 years 1 week ago #13631

John Wolverton

No dumb questions, maybe some dumb answers.... yes study them!
6 years 1 week ago #13630

Rohan Panade PMP

Team,
I am studying for PMP 6th Edition PMBOK guide...I found 2 sections in PMBOK Guide as below:
1. A Guide To The PMBOK Guide
2. The Standard To Project Management
My Ask - From 6th Edition standpoint - Both above sections are part of the exam - Does my understanding correct?
Please advise!

Might sound dump question..However will highly appreciate your valuable inputs.

Regards,
Rohan Panade

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login