fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP 6th Edition Exam Scope

PMP 6th Edition Exam Scope 6 years 1 month ago #13630

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Rohan Panade PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Team,
I am studying for PMP 6th Edition PMBOK guide...I found 2 sections in PMBOK Guide as below:
1. A Guide To The PMBOK Guide
2. The Standard To Project Management
My Ask - From 6th Edition standpoint - Both above sections are part of the exam - Does my understanding correct?
Please advise!

Might sound dump question..However will highly appreciate your valuable inputs.

Regards,
Rohan Panade

PMP 6th Edition Exam Scope 6 years 1 month ago #13631

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
No dumb questions, maybe some dumb answers.... yes study them!
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornelius Fichtner

PMP 6th Edition Exam Scope 6 years 1 month ago #13635

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Rohan,

Thank you so much for this question! I decided that there must be more students out there who are wondering the same thing, so I decided to write a complete article on this topic. It will take a few weeks to complete the article, but here is the general outline, which will already help you:

- The PMP Exam is not based on the PMBOK Guide. Instead it is based on the PMP Examination Content Outline.
- Many of the questions on the exam, however, use the PMBOK Guide as their primary reference to identify correct answers
- The PMBOK Guide has three sections that you should study as follows:
-- Section 1: This is your primary study content
-- Section 2: This is the standard of project management and is a "short version" of Section 1. You don't necessarily need to review this because Section 1 covers this as well.
-- Section 3: Study appendices X3-X6 as well as the Glossary

Again, thanks for the question and more details will be in the forthcoming article.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login