fbpx

Reply: Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS"

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS"

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 months ago #13513

Vipasha Koul

Thank you ..This will be really helpful..I will try to get familiar with all these as much possible.
I am preparing since 4 months with PMBOK and Andy Crowe book..Now since 15 days was only concentrating on Mock test ..Will familarize my self with these topics ..Wish me luck.. my test on 22 March.
6 years 2 months ago #13512

Ty Weston, PMP

All these are free for PMI members. I reviewed all of them, but like I said, I became familiar with them, not really to try to learn it:
Practice Standard For Earned Value Management
Practice Standard for Project Configuration Management
Practice Standard for Project Estimating
Practice Standard for Risk Management
Practice Standard for Scheduling
Requirements Management: A Practice Guide
PMI Lexicon of Project Management terms

I also read PMBOK twice, Rita's twice, and Head First
In the simulator, some answers reference various material on the web. I read those too and looked those terms up further. I studied other folks Brain Dumps.
I took five months to study with all this, so I had time.
I hope this helps. Just realise that many questions can be answered through the PMBOK and others cannot, while a lot of answers require understanding the concept rather than an answer that can be found in a book.
6 years 2 months ago #13511

Vipasha Koul

Alright, I will do it..Can you also give me some other such examples which you read too so that it helhelps me too
6 years 2 months ago #13509

Ty Weston, PMP

I personally read it, cannot say I retained much. I will say that you could be tested on almost anything, not just what is inside the PMBOK. Be familiar with it and you probably will be OK>
6 years 2 months ago #13505

Vipasha Koul

As I see some questions related to "PMI Practice Standard for WBS" in Exam simulator .
Is there a place I can find important notes regarding the same and not read the whole thing ..Dont have much time left for exam

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login