fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS"

Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS" 6 years 2 months ago #13505

• Vipasha Koul
  • Vipasha Koul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
As I see some questions related to "PMI Practice Standard for WBS" in Exam simulator .
Is there a place I can find important notes regarding the same and not read the whole thing ..Dont have much time left for exam

Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS" 6 years 2 months ago #13509

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
I personally read it, cannot say I retained much. I will say that you could be tested on almost anything, not just what is inside the PMBOK. Be familiar with it and you probably will be OK>

Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS" 6 years 2 months ago #13511

• Vipasha Koul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Alright, I will do it..Can you also give me some other such examples which you read too so that it helhelps me too

Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS" 6 years 2 months ago #13512

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
All these are free for PMI members. I reviewed all of them, but like I said, I became familiar with them, not really to try to learn it:
Practice Standard For Earned Value Management
Practice Standard for Project Configuration Management
Practice Standard for Project Estimating
Practice Standard for Risk Management
Practice Standard for Scheduling
Requirements Management: A Practice Guide
PMI Lexicon of Project Management terms

I also read PMBOK twice, Rita's twice, and Head First
In the simulator, some answers reference various material on the web. I read those too and looked those terms up further. I studied other folks Brain Dumps.
I took five months to study with all this, so I had time.
I hope this helps. Just realise that many questions can be answered through the PMBOK and others cannot, while a lot of answers require understanding the concept rather than an answer that can be found in a book.

Do we need to read the whole book "Project Management Institute - PMI Practice Standard for WBS" 6 years 2 months ago #13513

• Vipasha Koul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you ..This will be really helpful..I will try to get familiar with all these as much possible.
I am preparing since 4 months with PMBOK and Andy Crowe book..Now since 15 days was only concentrating on Mock test ..Will familarize my self with these topics ..Wish me luck.. my test on 22 March.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login