fbpx

Reply: Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 weeks ago #13530

PMP CLASS

Try to practice Alpha mode. Just calm and relax.
6 years 3 weeks ago #13507

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Shannon,

Prometric allows you to schedule (for a small fee... I think maybe $25) a "mock test" where you go the the center, go thru the process of check-in, etc. and take a mock exam (not related to the PMP.

I did this a few days before I actually sat for the exam, and for me it reduced my anxiety level considerably (I don't have ADD, but I was much more comfortable knowing where to go, what to expect, etc.).

I was still nervous, but considerably less so than I would have been! Thankfully, I passed (which I largely attribute to the exam simulator).

Best of luck to you.

Tracy
6 years 3 weeks ago #13489

Kenneth Kussman

YES, I am going through it now. It took me several months but I have a system. I take the test on March 23, 5th ED

I Have bad ADD. I feel your pain.
6 years 3 weeks ago #13488

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

I know that taking a lot of timed mock exams help prepare me for the exam. I was so nervous when I took my first mock. During the actual exam I was really calm and collected. Work out all your anxiety on the mock exams!!!! Take a lot of them!!!

Good luck!
6 years 3 weeks ago #13486

Shannon Elizabeth

Did anyone in this group successfully study and pass the PMP Exam while fighting anxiety and adult ADD? :woohoo: I'm having the hardest time focusing and studying without my mind straying to 100 other different thoughts! Anyone have any tips on tackling this? I take my exam next week! Also looking for ideas on how to stay calm and focused during the exam. Thanks! :blush:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login