fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 6 years 1 month ago #13486

• Shannon Elizabeth
  • Shannon Elizabeth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Did anyone in this group successfully study and pass the PMP Exam while fighting anxiety and adult ADD? :woohoo: I'm having the hardest time focusing and studying without my mind straying to 100 other different thoughts! Anyone have any tips on tackling this? I take my exam next week! Also looking for ideas on how to stay calm and focused during the exam. Thanks! :blush:

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 6 years 1 month ago #13488

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I know that taking a lot of timed mock exams help prepare me for the exam. I was so nervous when I took my first mock. During the actual exam I was really calm and collected. Work out all your anxiety on the mock exams!!!! Take a lot of them!!!

Good luck!
Last edit: by Genevieve Pluviose, PMP.

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 6 years 1 month ago #13489

• Kenneth Kussman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
YES, I am going through it now. It took me several months but I have a system. I take the test on March 23, 5th ED

I Have bad ADD. I feel your pain.

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 6 years 1 month ago #13507

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Shannon,

Prometric allows you to schedule (for a small fee... I think maybe $25) a "mock test" where you go the the center, go thru the process of check-in, etc. and take a mock exam (not related to the PMP.

I did this a few days before I actually sat for the exam, and for me it reduced my anxiety level considerably (I don't have ADD, but I was much more comfortable knowing where to go, what to expect, etc.).

I was still nervous, but considerably less so than I would have been! Thankfully, I passed (which I largely attribute to the exam simulator).

Best of luck to you.

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 6 years 1 month ago #13530

• PMP CLASS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Try to practice Alpha mode. Just calm and relax.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login