Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 2 years 6 months ago #13486

• Shannon Elizabeth
  • Shannon Elizabeth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Did anyone in this group successfully study and pass the PMP Exam while fighting anxiety and adult ADD? :woohoo: I'm having the hardest time focusing and studying without my mind straying to 100 other different thoughts! Anyone have any tips on tackling this? I take my exam next week! Also looking for ideas on how to stay calm and focused during the exam. Thanks! :blush:

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 2 years 6 months ago #13488

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I know that taking a lot of timed mock exams help prepare me for the exam. I was so nervous when I took my first mock. During the actual exam I was really calm and collected. Work out all your anxiety on the mock exams!!!! Take a lot of them!!!

Good luck!
Last edit: by Genevieve Pluviose, PMP.

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 2 years 6 months ago #13489

• Kenneth Kussman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
YES, I am going through it now. It took me several months but I have a system. I take the test on March 23, 5th ED

I Have bad ADD. I feel your pain.

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 2 years 6 months ago #13507

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • Thank you received: 46
Shannon,

Prometric allows you to schedule (for a small fee... I think maybe $25) a "mock test" where you go the the center, go thru the process of check-in, etc. and take a mock exam (not related to the PMP.

I did this a few days before I actually sat for the exam, and for me it reduced my anxiety level considerably (I don't have ADD, but I was much more comfortable knowing where to go, what to expect, etc.).

I was still nervous, but considerably less so than I would have been! Thankfully, I passed (which I largely attribute to the exam simulator).

Best of luck to you.

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

Studying/Passing PMP Exam with Anxiety and ADD/ADHD 2 years 6 months ago #13530

• PMP CLASS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Try to practice Alpha mode. Just calm and relax.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login