fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: 6th Edition Prepcast

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13418

• Pazz
  • Pazz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It seems this question has been asked a few times but never properly answered. So, I’ll ask.

I am scheduled to take the exam in June. I have already purchased and begun watching the videos, even though I know they are going to be redone for the 6th edition. However, I presume the bulk of the material will be the same (with the exception of some renamed items and a few adds and deletes). I am aware I’ll get a free upgrade, which is why I went ahead and purchased them.

My questions are:

1. I know these are scheduled to be updated to the 6th Ed by this month’s end (today). Is that still happening?

2. When these are updated, are all of the videos being redone? If not, will we be told which ones are redone? I am wondering if there are certain ones I should rewatch.

3. Will you be releasing 6th edition flash cards? If so, when? Or, are the 5th edition cards suitable?

As a stakeholder, I would like for the PM to engage in communications (the most important of all skills) with the customer (me). :-) As you can see, I’m already learning. But I just don’t want to dive too deep and do stuff I’ll need to redo. I’m swiftly approaching one of the renamed items (schedule/time) and I don’t want to watch the old one.

Thanks so much.

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13483

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Same here. I'm in the window where I would need to pay for an upgrade. That's fine, I just want to get the ball rolling so I can start learning the new material. If it's partially done, I'm fine with just getting bits and pieces as they are done, I just want to start now and take my time. I'm not in a rush for my PMP, it's more of a mid-term goal.

Video games have been doing a lot of "early access", where you get to try it out and give feedback during development. I'd be more than happy to do that with the Prepcast!

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13484

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hello Everyone,

Sorry that this has taken a moment for me to respond but as you can probably imagine I am spending a lot of time in the recording studio right now.

Let me begin by saying that if you are preparing for your exam on/after 26-March-2018 and you are reading the PMBOK Guide 5 or watching lessons from the PrepCast 5 THEN STOP IMMEDIATELY! The difference between the Fifth Edition and Sixth Edition material is considerable. As an analogy: You are learning the rules for checkers but will have to be asked to play chess.

Here are the answers to the questions asked:

1.) The PM PrepCast and PM Exam Simulator Sixth Edition are now available. You can order them on this website. We are, however, not yet ready to provide free/discounted upgrades.

2.) Nearly every single lesson has been re-developed from the ground up and a new lesson video has been recorded. The differences between old and new are massive. You will have to rewatch all of them.

3.) At this time we are not working on the FlashCards. You cannot use the old flashcards to prepare for the new exam.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIMAL CHOWALLUR VARGHESE

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13492

• Joseph Pazzalia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks so much for answering these questions. I appreciate it.

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13538

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Cornelius,
Can you please let us know when the upgrade will be available? I purchased the Prepcast at the end of Jan (before the new one was available) as I understood that the upgrade will come soon. My exam is scheduled end of April, so I would really like to have the right material to study from.
Many thanks,
Ákos

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13540

• Jackie
  • Jackie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, if free/discounted upgrade is not ready, what is the procedure to refund my current version? Thanks.

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13544

• Pazz
  • Pazz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just an FYI... I sent an email to them and they gave me access to the 6th edition videos. They are not all complete, but a good bit of them are anyway.

They’re better than the 5th edition, IMO.

I found the email on the website: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Just send them your email. You log in on the main site now, as opposed to that nanacast one. There is a video that shows you how. It’s not very obvious.

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13590

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
All,

Please forgive me for the long time it took us to get ready to offer and process upgrades to the Sixth Edition training products. As you may have read we've had a few website outages in the last 10 days and it was very important to me to first stabilize the website before having even more of you trying to access the new products in the Learning Management System (LMS).

We are now ready to receive your requests for free and discounted updates. Please visit this page here where we first outline the criteria for the upgrades. And below that you will find a step-by-step process and I've even included an email template for you:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/upgr...ffer-to-our-students

Thanks for understanding and good luck on your studies!
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIMAL CHOWALLUR VARGHESE

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13770

• VIMAL CHOWALLUR VARGHESE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I could feel a good leap from the 5th edition to the 6th edition, looks more neat and organized. Thank you for the free upgrade, Cornelius and team.

6th Edition Prepcast 6 years 1 month ago #13771

• VIMAL CHOWALLUR VARGHESE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you, I did the same and got the upgraded version, as you stated above, definitely the 6th edition is really good in the content, voice, pictures and music. 5-star product, I would highly recommend the 6th edition to my colleagues.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login