fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Who creates the change request?

Who creates the change request? 6 years 1 month ago #13347

• Alexandre Chang
  • Alexandre Chang's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I was wondering who exactly can create a change request. I know a the project manager and project team could but can a stakeholder actually create it or can they just create something in the issues log which would then have to be examined by the team and if deem an issue the team would create the change request. I know the other scenario could be if the customer specifically requests a change but I am talking about a stake holder. For example during a city playground construction project can a partner actually create a change request or can they just raise it as an issue?

Thanks

Who creates the change request? 6 years 1 month ago #13348

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
A stakeholder could create a change request depending on the established process, or the PM could assist with the formal request. Either way, it should go through some kind of ICC process. Many times, the size of the team and size of the project may dictate how change requests are processed, but there should always be a set process of how its done and the proper channels.
An issue in the issue log may or may not end up being a change request.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login