fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Unable to schedule exam date in March

Unable to schedule exam date in March 6 years 2 months ago #13278

• Vipasha
  • Vipasha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi
I was intending to give PMP exam for 5th addition before 26th March but my prometric center does not have any date available in march anymore. Does that mean I I will have to prepare for 6th edition exam.
Is there a possibility that I can give 5th edition exam in April ?
All this time I was preparing for 5th edition..What should I do and where should I start.

Unable to schedule exam date in March 6 years 2 months ago #13279

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Vipasha,

This is not unexpected. Because the exam is changing in March there are hundreds, even thousands more people trying to get their exam completed. Unfortunately you only have two options:

1.) Go back to the website every single day (maybe even multiple times per day) to see if someone has cancelled so that you can take their spot.

2.) Check other testing centers in your greater area for a seat. This means that you may have to travel a longer distance to take your exam, but at least you found a seat for the exam.

And yes. the exam changes on 26-March-2018. If you take the exam on/after this date then your exam will be based on PMBOK Sixth Edition. PMI does not make any exceptions.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Unable to schedule exam date in March 6 years 2 months ago #13280

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you so much for your detailed response

I have started looking for prometric center in other areas around my city where I can go for the exam

Unable to schedule exam date in March 6 years 1 month ago #13357

• Regan
  • Regan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If anyone is planning to sit for the CAPM exam, 5th edition, they can use a proctored route and they have up to mid May.

Wish to take exams beyond March 2018 6 years 1 month ago #13411

• samuel kofi monca sagoe
  • samuel kofi monca sagoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I intend taking the exams beyond March 2018. Will I get access to OSP International's Package (podcast, simulator, etc) for the 6th edition of the PMBOK Guide, or I will be required to purchase it?

Wish to take exams beyond March 2018 6 years 1 month ago #13412

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Samuel,

That depends on when you purchased your products from us. Please review this article here where we explain what type of upgrades are available:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/upgr...ffer-to-our-students
Until Next Time,

Unable to schedule exam date in March 6 years 1 month ago #13414

• Daniel Blossey
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Por el placer de vivir viajando!
  • Thank you received: 1
This is true for CAPM. But the monopolist Prometric testing center allows it till 11.03.2018 only. So, for me I have to do the online proctoring in my office.

What happens if I fail in March? 6 years 1 month ago #13417

• Lori Pignatelli
  • Lori Pignatelli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Cornelius, I am scheduled to take the PMP exam on March 3rd (wish me luck!). I have high confidence and hopes of passing, but on the chance that I fail, will I be able to retake the same test using the 5th edition after March 26? Or must I pass before March 26th or start over with the 6th edition?
Thank you

What happens if I fail in March? 6 years 1 month ago #13419

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Lori,

The dates that PMI has published are HARD cut-off dates. Anyone taking the exam on/after 26-March-2018 will have to take it based on the 6th edition. PMI does not make any exceptions. But why worry? You'll pass!
Until Next Time,

Unable to schedule exam date in March 6 years 1 month ago #13437

• Vee Ayoung
  • Vee Ayoung's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am studying for the PMP-ACP and will not be ready for the March 26th deadline. When will your new prepcast for the ACP be ready?

Unable to schedule exam date in March 6 years 1 month ago #13440

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Vee,

No need to worry. The upcoming changes to the PMI-ACP exam are minor and mostly about language. For example, they are now calling it an "iteration" instead of a "sprint".

Please listen to this interview for the details on what is changing on the PMI-ACP Exam: traffic.libsyn.com/pmpodcast/PM_Podcast_..._24_alicia_burke.mp3
Until Next Time,

What happens if I fail in March? 6 years 1 month ago #13461

• Lori Pignatelli
  • Lori Pignatelli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You were right, I passed!!! Thank you for the guidance with the PrepCast! It really helped me learn and succeed. :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login