fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP

PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP 6 years 2 months ago #13240

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I want to start going through the PMBok for taking the PMP exam before I get my study materials just to read through it first. Noticed that in the 6th Edition there are 2 major parts to the Standard. I was wondering if one part was better than the other to read through. In the PMBok Part 1 is A Guide to the PMBok and Part 2 is the Standard for Project Management.

Just wondering what part is the one we should be studying or is it both parts that need to be studied for the Exam

PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP 6 years 2 months ago #13241

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
David,

That's easy: Read Part 1. Ignore Part 2. Also read appendices X3, X4, X5, X6 and the Glossary.

If all goes well here at our end then you should be able to purchase our updated PrepCast in about 2 weeks. But you know about project and schedules... right? :lol:
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP 6 years 2 months ago #13292

• Saleem
  • Saleem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

What if I already purchased PrepCast for Ver 5, should I again purchase for Ver 6? So will you allow me to download the updated version?

Thanks

PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP 6 years 2 months ago #13296

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Saleem,

Please see this article here regarding the upgrade options www.project-management-prepcast.com/upgr...ffer-to-our-students
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP 6 years 2 months ago #13299

• Saleem
  • Saleem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks ! It will be great if you could please create a short video covering only the difference between 5th edition and 6th edition. This will be helpful for students whi prepared with 5th Edition and not getting exam slots before March 26th

PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP 6 years 2 months ago #13362

• Tanya
  • Tanya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I'm following this question as in the same dilemma. I didn't clear the PMP exam on my 1st attempt. Not getting a date before 25th March. Would appreciate any guidance on the difference between vesion 5 and version 6 and what additional study efforts would be involved

PMBok 6th Edition Studying for PMP 6 years 1 month ago #13386

• Yuli
  • Yuli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
lots of people are asking this question including myself in another thread, but all thread in this topic goes unanswered????? Cornelius ?????
The website says that the 6th ed will be released in feb. Yet this is 27th Feb and still customer support has no confirmed date on when it will be released.
If it is not going to be released in Feb, can you at least provide a guide on how to prepare for the update when one already go through all the 5th ed or how to study for the 6th ed in the meantime. I happen to have some free time now but not sure if I should just wait till the 6th ed is released.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login