fbpx

Reply: Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #23857

Harry Elston

Linda,

Well, that's a little disappointing. However, we on the Forum cannot answer for PMI or what they are or are not currently doing.

I know that PMI has been hard-hit wrt office stuff with the COVID thing going on. To be honest, they seemed to be understaffed in 2019 before COVID as well.

In any event, congratulations!

Harry
3 years 5 months ago #23856

Linda Johnson

's Avatar

After passing the exam in August, I received a message stating that I would receive my certificate within 6-8 weeks. However, 8 weeks have passed and no certificate. I contacted PMI via online chat and was told, “Due to recent events, we are no longer shipping certificates.” I was given instructions to print out the online version. I’m a little disappointed, but it’s okay since my name appears in the online registry.
3 years 8 months ago #22287

Thiago França, PMP®

Hi, Dmitry,

First of all, congratulations on passing the PMP.

I got the PMP in April and did not receive the certification on paper up to now. Then I have followed up with PMI. They informed me that due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacting our operations at PMI's Global Headquarters, they are not currently able to issue printed certificates. Once the operations resume at the Headquarters, then the certificates will start getting dispatched at the earliest.

So, unfortunately, we don't know when PMI will print out PMP certificates.

Regards,
Thiago
3 years 8 months ago #22245

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Dmitry,

first of all, congratulation on passing the PMP exam!
I received a similar e-mail (in May), which mentioned that the electronic version of the certificate "will serve as validation for your certification until you receive your official certificate by mail in the next six to eight weeks". There was also a warning to "be sure to update it within two days of receiving this e-mail. We’d never want your coveted certificate to end up at the wrong address."

Unfortunately, as of today, I still haven't received the certificate by mail. I contacted the PMI Customer Care, and they told me the service is suspended because of the pandemic. It wasn't clear to me whether they will resume it eventually. I hope so!

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22235

Logan

's Avatar

I’m the same Dimitri! I’m so excited for the silly thing. Got the same response after I passed, so hoping they still mail the official one! Will update here if I get one :-)

Congrats on passing!
6 years 2 months ago #12944

Mark Lacattiva

Congratulations Dmitry! I can only tell you that I passed my exam at the end of Sept... and received the same notice ...and later received the certificate via mail. I suspect your situation will be the same, unless they've changed since then.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login