fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam?

Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam? 6 years 3 months ago #12941

• Dmitry Popov
  • Dmitry Popov's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
After passing PMP exam, I received the following email: "We know how hard you worked for your Project Management Professional (PMP)® Credential. That’s why we’re excited to share in your success: You’ve earned it! Congratulations! Order your PMP lapel pin now and wear it with pride..."

This is slightly different message than what some of my PMP friends got in the past. Their messages clearly said that "you'll get you certificate withing 8 weeks..." or something like that. I wonder if PMI stopped sending certificate by mail? Yes, I still can print it from the PMI website, but this is not the same.
Does anybody know? Thx

Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam? 6 years 3 months ago #12944

• Mark Lacattiva
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations Dmitry! I can only tell you that I passed my exam at the end of Sept... and received the same notice ...and later received the certificate via mail. I suspect your situation will be the same, unless they've changed since then.

Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam? 3 years 9 months ago #22235

• Logan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I’m the same Dimitri! I’m so excited for the silly thing. Got the same response after I passed, so hoping they still mail the official one! Will update here if I get one :-)

Congrats on passing!

Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam? 3 years 9 months ago #22245

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Dmitry,

first of all, congratulation on passing the PMP exam!
I received a similar e-mail (in May), which mentioned that the electronic version of the certificate "will serve as validation for your certification until you receive your official certificate by mail in the next six to eight weeks". There was also a warning to "be sure to update it within two days of receiving this e-mail. We’d never want your coveted certificate to end up at the wrong address."

Unfortunately, as of today, I still haven't received the certificate by mail. I contacted the PMI Customer Care, and they told me the service is suspended because of the pandemic. It wasn't clear to me whether they will resume it eventually. I hope so!

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam? 3 years 9 months ago #22287

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Hi, Dmitry,

First of all, congratulations on passing the PMP.

I got the PMP in April and did not receive the certification on paper up to now. Then I have followed up with PMI. They informed me that due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacting our operations at PMI's Global Headquarters, they are not currently able to issue printed certificates. Once the operations resume at the Headquarters, then the certificates will start getting dispatched at the earliest.

So, unfortunately, we don't know when PMI will print out PMP certificates.

Regards,
Thiago

Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam? 3 years 6 months ago #23856

• Linda Johnson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After passing the exam in August, I received a message stating that I would receive my certificate within 6-8 weeks. However, 8 weeks have passed and no certificate. I contacted PMI via online chat and was told, “Due to recent events, we are no longer shipping certificates.” I was given instructions to print out the online version. I’m a little disappointed, but it’s okay since my name appears in the online registry.

Is PMI still sending certificates by mail after passing PMP exam? 3 years 6 months ago #23857

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Linda,

Well, that's a little disappointing. However, we on the Forum cannot answer for PMI or what they are or are not currently doing.

I know that PMI has been hard-hit wrt office stuff with the COVID thing going on. To be honest, they seemed to be understaffed in 2019 before COVID as well.

In any event, congratulations!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login