fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Can cancelled projects count towards the PMP hours?

Can cancelled projects count towards the PMP hours? 6 years 3 months ago #12535

• Stephanie Nielsen
  • Stephanie Nielsen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I have completed a significant investment of time into three projects over the last 8 years but they were all cancelled at various stages. For example, we started a project to implement a new system and then mid-way through controlling/monitoring period it was cancelled. Another project we completed the selection of the application and went to contract but leadership cancelled it before we implemented the solution. We were able to complete the selection of the tool but not the implementation. And lastly there was a project to develop a business case. The business case was completed but the application was not funded so it did not go to the next project phase. All of them would total 870 hours or more. I had a lead role to make sure all of these get done and then had to close out the projects.

Thank you,
Stephanie

Can cancelled projects count towards the PMP hours? 6 years 3 months ago #12537

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Stephanie,

I have a three word answer for you: Yes they count!

And why shouldn't they? The fact that they got cancelled does not negate all the work that you as the PM have done.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login