Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Readiness for Exam: Good Scores But Decreasing Over Time

Readiness for Exam: Good Scores But Decreasing Over Time 1 year 6 months ago #12520

• Nick Schmidt
  • Nick Schmidt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I started taking full practice exams about two weeks ago after studying the past four months. Here are the scores in order:

PM Prepcast Exam 7: 81.50%
PM Prepcast Exam 8: 80.50%
Head First PMP: 78.5%
Aileen Ellis: 76%
PM Study: 76%
Simplilearn: 73.5%

After each exam I review the wrong answers, revise my notes, etc. The scores look good, but they are decreasing over time. I was hoping to see more improvement over time, but I think I’m just very tired. I’m scheduled to take the exam next week Tuesday 12/5. I’m concerned about my ability to retain this information long term, and I’m wondering if it would be better to reschedule for an earlier test date, get a good night sleep, and take the exam.
If not, what would be a good way to get score up in the meantime to give me peace of mind?

Readiness for Exam: Good Scores But Decreasing Over Time 1 year 6 months ago #12522

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • Thank you received: 40
Nick,

Based on your PM Prepcast scores I would say that you're ready.

While I have no experience with the other testing products, I would be loathe to compare score results across products - in fact, I would expect there to be a good bit of variation. I would definitely not conclude your knowledge was declining based on this. It sounds to me like you've been studying and reviewing in a logical fashion. Were I in your position, I would take the test.

FWIW,

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
21-Jun-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...