fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam in 1st attempt on Nov. 21, 2017 based on PMBOK Guide 5th edition

Passed PMP exam in 1st attempt on Nov. 21, 2017 based on PMBOK Guide 5th edition 6 years 5 months ago #12464

• PJ Prakash
  • PJ Prakash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone! I am excited to share that I passed PMP exam using PrepCast Exam Simulator, among other training materials, with an overall “above target” ranking in first attempt. This simulator was close to the actual exam; of course the actual exam was even harder. I am writing below my “progressive elaboration” methodology to use the simulator and gauge my progress.

1. I started off with PrepCast exam simulator after I was done with my training materials (Rita’s book, PrepCast videos, PMBOK guide) and had the confidence that I had a fairly good understanding of the concepts.
2. I first took 20-50 question quizzes in each knowledge area. In any knowledge area I did not do well, I went back to my training materials to understand more. The mistake I made here was that I used “learning” option and not “timed”. Try to use “timed” option so you get used to answering under time pressure.
3. Then I took PMP Exam 1 in the simulator on one Saturday morning. This is first of the eight 200-questions 4-hours simulated exams built in the simulator. I passed Exam 1 with 83% score.
4. I used SnagIt (screen capture program) to copy/paste answers for the 34 questions I missed in Exam 1 from simulator into a word file. I read those answers, and referred to my training materials wherever needed.
5. Then I repeated steps 3 and 4 above to take rest of the seven 200-questions 4-hours simulated exams built in the simulator on each Saturday/Sunday before the actual exam. My score in each test kept increasing and I finished exams 7 and 8 with 90% each.
6. Somewhere in between these 8 Exams, I also took Exam 9 that only focuses on ITTOs. I did read ITTOs thoroughly before this exam. Steps 3 and 4 above also helped there and I passed Exam 9 with 92% score.

After I finished answering all 1800 questions in the PrepCast exam simulator, I checked my statistics in the simulator. I was at 81% questions answered correctly in first try. The stats also indicated that among previous students of this simulator who answered 80-90% questions correctly in their first try, 93% of them passed PMP exam in their first attempt. This gave me a tremendous confidence and I knew I was ready to take the actual test. I did and I also passed in first attempt.

My advice to the test takers is that the only thing between you and PMP certification is your systematic preparation. If I could do it, so can you. I wish you good luck with joining the elite club I just joined!

PJ
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login