fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam in 1st attempt on Nov. 21, 2017 based on PMBOK Guide 5th edition

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam in 1st attempt on Nov. 21, 2017 based on PMBOK Guide 5th edition

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12464

PJ Prakash

Hi everyone! I am excited to share that I passed PMP exam using PrepCast Exam Simulator, among other training materials, with an overall “above target” ranking in first attempt. This simulator was close to the actual exam; of course the actual exam was even harder. I am writing below my “progressive elaboration” methodology to use the simulator and gauge my progress.

1. I started off with PrepCast exam simulator after I was done with my training materials (Rita’s book, PrepCast videos, PMBOK guide) and had the confidence that I had a fairly good understanding of the concepts.
2. I first took 20-50 question quizzes in each knowledge area. In any knowledge area I did not do well, I went back to my training materials to understand more. The mistake I made here was that I used “learning” option and not “timed”. Try to use “timed” option so you get used to answering under time pressure.
3. Then I took PMP Exam 1 in the simulator on one Saturday morning. This is first of the eight 200-questions 4-hours simulated exams built in the simulator. I passed Exam 1 with 83% score.
4. I used SnagIt (screen capture program) to copy/paste answers for the 34 questions I missed in Exam 1 from simulator into a word file. I read those answers, and referred to my training materials wherever needed.
5. Then I repeated steps 3 and 4 above to take rest of the seven 200-questions 4-hours simulated exams built in the simulator on each Saturday/Sunday before the actual exam. My score in each test kept increasing and I finished exams 7 and 8 with 90% each.
6. Somewhere in between these 8 Exams, I also took Exam 9 that only focuses on ITTOs. I did read ITTOs thoroughly before this exam. Steps 3 and 4 above also helped there and I passed Exam 9 with 92% score.

After I finished answering all 1800 questions in the PrepCast exam simulator, I checked my statistics in the simulator. I was at 81% questions answered correctly in first try. The stats also indicated that among previous students of this simulator who answered 80-90% questions correctly in their first try, 93% of them passed PMP exam in their first attempt. This gave me a tremendous confidence and I knew I was ready to take the actual test. I did and I also passed in first attempt.

My advice to the test takers is that the only thing between you and PMP certification is your systematic preparation. If I could do it, so can you. I wish you good luck with joining the elite club I just joined!

PJ

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login