fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Exam Simulator vs. PMP Exam

Exam Simulator vs. PMP Exam 6 years 5 months ago #12311

• Jamie Lin
  • Jamie Lin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,
I am currently taking practice exams in the simulator and scored 84.5% on the first exam. I took a second exam today and found myself speeding through it -- I finished in 3.5 hours (with a 1 hours break after the first 100 questions) and scored 85%. I'm beginning to worry that the simulator might be a lot easier than the actual PMP exam. For those who have taken the actual PMP exam, would you say that the actual exam is harder or easier than the simulator

Exam Simulator vs. PMP Exam 6 years 5 months ago #12324

• Farhaj Ahmed Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I hear that the Actual PMP exam is difficult so those who pass PMP exam plz share their experiences with us.

Thanks.
Farhaj Ahmed Khan

Exam Simulator vs. PMP Exam 6 years 5 months ago #12341

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Jamie,

In my experience, the actual PMP exam matched up pretty well to the PMP Exam Simulator. If you are consistently scoring greater than 80%, you are in great shape for passing the real thing. I scored in the low 90% on most of my exams and I ended up with 4 P's and 1 MP on the real test.

- Steven

Exam Simulator vs. PMP Exam 6 years 5 months ago #12365

• Magroud Noreddine
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Jamie,

I did pass my PMP with the PM prepcast and i can tell you that the question are not exactly the same of course but the feeling is really close.
I would not worry too much about the quality of the work they do here ;).

Cheers,

Noreddine.

[email protected] 6 years 5 months ago #12402

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, would you mind telling which simulator did you use.

Thanks,

[email protected] 6 years 5 months ago #12405

• Magroud Noreddine
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I Used the pmprepcast ;) that's why i come sometimes here and check out the forum.

Exam Simulator vs. PMP Exam 6 years 5 months ago #12410

• Jamie Lin
  • Jamie Lin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I took the exam today and passed with 5 ATs. I thought the actual PMP exam was more difficult and I'd say 80% situational. I did not have any easy ITTO questions and maybe just a handful of EV questions.

Overall, I still thought the prepcast exam simulator was helpful and I would definitely purchase it again.

For reference, here are my scores on the simulator exams (I skipped the ITTO exam):
84.5 / 85 / 87 / 85 / 85.5 / 84.5 / 82.5 / 91
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login