fbpx

Reply: Probability and impact matrix

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Probability and impact matrix

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12212

Christoph Farrenkopf

Sorry, but there is not shown in The PMBOK Guide the P&I matrix as an output of the Plan Risk Management process ! Are you referring according PMBOK Guide 5th edition or to another PMBOK edition ?
6 years 5 months ago #12204

Anil Gidwani

The PMBOK Guide shows the P&I matrix as an output of the Plan Risk Management process. I believe that this must of necessity be an empty matrix, since no risks have been identified yet at that point.

Further downstream, the PMBOK Guide states that the P&I matrix is an input to the Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis process as part of the Risk Management Plan. It also says: "If it is not available, it may be developed during the Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis process".

Isn't there some confusion here regarding when the P&I matrix is first created? Why does the PMBOK guide list it in Plan Risk Management when it will by default be unpopulated then? Why is the P&I matrix not an unequivocal output of the Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis process? Am I missing a point here?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login