Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Probability and impact matrix

Probability and impact matrix 1 year 8 months ago #12204

• Anil Gidwani
  • Anil Gidwani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The PMBOK Guide shows the P&I matrix as an output of the Plan Risk Management process. I believe that this must of necessity be an empty matrix, since no risks have been identified yet at that point.

Further downstream, the PMBOK Guide states that the P&I matrix is an input to the Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis process as part of the Risk Management Plan. It also says: "If it is not available, it may be developed during the Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis process".

Isn't there some confusion here regarding when the P&I matrix is first created? Why does the PMBOK guide list it in Plan Risk Management when it will by default be unpopulated then? Why is the P&I matrix not an unequivocal output of the Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis process? Am I missing a point here?

Probability and impact matrix 1 year 8 months ago #12212

• Christoph Farrenkopf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry, but there is not shown in The PMBOK Guide the P&I matrix as an output of the Plan Risk Management process ! Are you referring according PMBOK Guide 5th edition or to another PMBOK edition ?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
17-Jul-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...