fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 6 years 6 months ago #12075

• Smit Shah
  • Smit Shah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear All,

I just received an email from PMI that I have failed audit.

Reason is- I have self identify myself as Project Contributor on Projects. what should I do now? what role should I select? I heard that any role apart from Project Manager like Project Contributor, Leader, Supervisor can apply for this exam.

What should I take care when I re apply for the exam?

your inputs are always valuable. I am waiting for the response.

Best Regards,
Smit Shah

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 6 years 6 months ago #12078

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Smit,

I am sorry to hear that you failed the audit. The PMI handbook clearly states that in order to qualify to apply for the PMP certification you must have the required number of hours leading and directing a project or projects. Simply being a project contributor is not enough. You will need to include projects on your application for which you were legitimately the project manager, project leader or project supervisor. Note that any references you include will also need to confirm your role. Please review the Handbook again here: www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...ssional-handbook.pdf

Hope this helps.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aung Sint

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 6 years 6 months ago #12206

• Victor
  • Victor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all,

I experienced the same situation as Smit.
I choose some roles other than project manager, project leader or project supervisor.
In fact, I am doing PM's duty but my job title is not Project Manager. Therefore, I choose project contributor and project administrator in the application.
Finally, I failed the audit and received an email stating that I am not taking PM role.

If I re-submit the application by changing the role in the application with the same projects and definitely I will write some more PM duties that I have involved.
Do anyone think that PMI will accept my application? or will they think it is very strange that I change the role from project contributor to project manager?
Thank you!

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 4 years 6 months ago #18675

• Red lion
  • Red lion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Victor,

DId you reapply again ? what was the outcome

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 4 years 6 months ago #18681

• James Keuning
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I failed the audit for the same reason.

I rewrote all descriptions with verbatim descriptions from the exam content outline. I was approved.

www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...nal-exam-outline.pdf

Literally:
“Participate in the development of the project charter ”
And
“ Collate lessons learned that were documented throughout the project”

I made sure that I used most or all of the “tasks”

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 4 years 3 days ago #20641

• Mohit
  • Mohit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi James,

I just want to understand what you have gone through as I also have one of role as Project Contributor where my duties were monitoring procurement activities and managing changes to the project. I want to understand that when you filled your initial application with PMI as a Project contributor and later on you filled the application as a Project Manager or as a Project contributor?

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 4 years 3 days ago #20642

• Mani Selvan
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Everyone,

There is difference between Project Role and Project Designation. Project role is the role that you play in carrying out and delivering the project. Project Designation is the title that is given to you
when you join the organization. Thus, you could be given a designation as a Project Contributor, but could be playing a role as Project Manager when doing the project work. When you apply from the
PMP exam, you role should be stated as Project Manager not as Project Contributor. Project Manager is a leading role, while Project Contributor is not.
You can reapply by changing the role accordingly.

Regards
Mani Selvan

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 4 years 1 day ago #20655

• Juan Sanchez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Might be off topic but wondering if it's OK to conceal firm/client names on the Experience Application.

I work in consulting and work on various projects per year. It's very common to conceal firm names on our resumes for privacy.

When listing Project experience for PMI PMP application, is it OK to conceal firm/client names? As an illustrative example, on our consulting resumes, instead of listing ABC Bank one could say Large Financial Services Firm.
PMP study started: 4/13/2020
Exam target: 7/13/2020
Current feeling: Excited but long road ahead
Last edit: by Juan Sanchez.

PMP Audit failed- Because of Project Contributor 3 years 11 months ago #20684

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Juan, it is definitely not necessary to provide firm/client names in your experiences. I did not provide them in my application.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login