fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: 'Validated Changes' as an input to 'Monitor and control project Work'

'Validated Changes' as an input to 'Monitor and control project Work' 6 years 9 months ago #11190

• mavs19
  • mavs19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi:

I understand that 'validated changes' is the output of 'control quality' because we check if the change requests have been adequately implemented here. PMBOK states this as "Any changed or repaired items are inspected and will be either accepted or rejected before notification of the
decision is provided. Rejected items may require rework"
What does the 'control and manage project' process do with 'validated changes as an input since the changes have already been validated as part of the control quality process. If exam asks where are changes validated what should be the answer - control quality , or manage and control project ?

'Validated Changes' as an input to 'Monitor and control project Work' 6 years 9 months ago #11194

• Aung Sint
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi,
The validation of changes should be carried out in Control Quality process, and M&C process is to monitor if the changes are carried out according to the approved changes. If exam asks where the validated changes happen, the answer should be "Control Quality". That is my understanding.

Can anyone confirm or clarify on this? Thank you.
Best regards,
Aung K. Sint, PMP

'Validated Changes' as an input to 'Monitor and control project Work' 3 years 9 months ago #22055

• Katja
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have exactly the same problem and would be grateful to know where it is confirmed that the change solves the underlying peoblem
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login