fbpx

Reply: Failed First Exam, New Study Plan for Second

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed First Exam, New Study Plan for Second

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11279

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your troubles but don't give up! You'll get it on the second try. If you need more assistance, I have created a small exam study prep guide. Its listed here on Amazon: www.amazon.com/Setting-Your-Exam-Study-P...rds=steven+mudrinich . Best of luck!

- Steven
6 years 9 months ago #11191

Jada Garrett

Hi Nick, I agree with Rajesh. Take as many practice exams as you can. The PrepCast simulators helped me so much. For the answers you get wrong, please research those to see why you got them wrong and to understand what the correct answer is. If you were pressed for time during the first go-round, have a strategy for how you are going to answer the questions. Maybe read the last sentence of the question first, then all of the answers, then read the entire question for all of the long questions. Reading through the lessons learned forum here is also a major help.
Good luck to both you and Rajesh.
6 years 9 months ago #11178

Rajesh Rojukhirdu

Hi nick,

Even I am preparing for my second attempt. Planning to give my exam at end of this month. Even I did the same mistake in my previous attempt.

I will suggest you to attempt as many questions as possible. You have exams that you can buy and even exams that you can do for fee online. Attempting more questions will play a major role in filling the knowledge gaps you have. This will help you to go through all the points of pmbok and get a good score.

Have a study on your results and know in which area you are weak. Allot more time in that area. Make a note of questions where you are making a guess or even not sure about the correct answer.

I am just trying to share my experience. Hope it helps you. Wish you good luck
6 years 9 months ago #11174

Nick Schmidt

I failed the first exam in May with 4 BPs and 1 MP after studying at a slow-pace over 10 months. I did the 6 month individual study through Rita Mulcahy but really didn't devote the time and attention needed either on the quizzes or the practice exams. I only did 3 practice exams, scoring in the 60s, and I never did a thorough review of the questions. I just thought I could wing it, and clearly I was not prepared. It took me forever to answer the questions both during studying and taking the exam.

I am planning on taking the exam again this year before the 2018 overhaul. I took a two month break after the exam to clear my mind. After reading through this forum, pmzilla, and edward-designer, I have a new approach to studying. I've put together more detailed notes in the attachment. I found some very helpful tips on various forums to put together my own study plan. What do you guys think?
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login