fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Am I ready?

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10889

• Sean
  • Sean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello all,

I have my exam coming up soon and was wondering if those who have taken exams in the simulator could provide insight on weather my test scores are high enough to pass the real exam. I've read that the ideal score is over 80%, but as you can see by my test scores I have not gone over 80%.

Exam 1 - 79%
Exam 2 - 79%
Exam 3 - 78%
Exam 4 - 77%

Thank you in advance.

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10890

• Kevin Nason
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Sean - when I prepared for my exam, I scored in the high 70's, low 80's Range like nothing over 83 if I remember correctly. Have you taken any smaller quizzes or just these 4 full exams? I took about a 25 - 30 question quiz every day to help get me in the mind set of how the questions were structured. I also took my time to review my wrong answers. This helped me a lot.

How much longer before you take the exam?

Kevin

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10891

• Sean
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for your response. Yes I have taken numerous short quiz's that also range from 75%-80%.

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10892

• Sean
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Forgot to mention that my exam is on the 19th. Thanks

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10896

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Sean, I had similar scores the week before the exam and then the night before the exam I took a different test from another vendor that was a free one. Whooa, got 50% on that test. I was bummed out. Took the exam the next day and didn't feel good about it, but passed. I would try an outside exam (Free one) just to see. But with your scores you are doing great!

Oh yea, relax the night before don't follow my bad example. :)
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
Last edit: by John Wolverton.

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10919

• Anjum Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Sean,
Hope you are doing good, Hope you will do g8 in your exam, I planned my exam on 23rd, Is it possible to have some combine studies to motivate each other. Hope it will help a lot, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. my id.
Thanks

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10938

• Anjum Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello there,
I just gave ITTO simulator exam 4hr. duration & got 83%...I never memorize any ITTO, hope it's a fine score for final PMP. Do I still need to improve in ITTO area? my PMP exam is on 23rd.

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10939

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Anjum,

You are scoring at a level where people are generally considered ready for the exam. I was in the 83% - 85% range when I sat for the exam and passed. That's not to say that I felt like a "PMP Exam Master" at that point, but I figured I had to take the plunge eventually.

Given that you have a week left to practice a bit more to keep the knowledge fresh, it seems like you're well positioned to become a PMP.

Best of luck to you!

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10940

• Anjum Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your encouragement, Hope I will do good in real exam & manage my time properly, as I am bit worried for lengthy question.
Wanted to ask, could I take my calculator for exam or I could get one at the exam center?

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10941

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Anjum,

There is a calculator built into the test software. When I took the exam they also gave me a calculator. However, I strongly recommend that you contact the test center that you will be using to confirm what they will provide. It's also a very good idea to visit there personally ahead of time if at all possible. I did so, and found that it greatly reduced my anxiety on test day - knowing where to drive, where to park, and precisely what to expect inside. Prometric offers a "Test Drive" in my area that I took advantage of. For $30 they take you thru the process, give you a test exam (non-PMP related) so you can see how the test software works, and they even walk you thru the check-in procedure. It was $30 well spent, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anjum Khan, John Wolverton

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10981

• Anjum Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I just gave a skill-soft 4 hours mock test, to my suprised got just 70%, feeling highly demotivated & worried. My PMP exam is on 23rd, anyone has any experience with this Skill soft test? is it a good yardstick to check for readiness...so depressed by result.

thanks for any feedback or some motivation.

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #10992

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
It's just one test, move on to the next one. I received a 50% on a test the night before the exam and still passed.
Best Wishes
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #11004

• Anjum Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes!! in the next test, simulator one I got 85.5%... and eventually today I GOT MY PMP :)
So happy thanks for all support.
I will write my lesson learned soon.

Am I ready? 6 years 10 months ago #11005

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Outstanding!!!!!! Great job.
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anjum Khan
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login