fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Seek for a re-study plan

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 10 months ago #10860

• Cherry Tan
  • Cherry Tan's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys,

I am actually quite disappointed now. I got 4 bp and 1 mp for my today test. I am so surprised that why I only earn this lowest marks as I really contributed a lot of time into this matter. I employed the pm exam simulator, I was able to score 80+ at least for 6 mock exams and I have practiced the wrong questions one by one. I also read thru and completed the quiz from Rita. I was wondering if there is anything wrong at the fundamental level? I believed that I understand very well for the basic point on 5 process groups and 10 knowledge areas. I read the book and watch the video at least 4 hours per day from last 3 months.

For the test of today, I answered all the questions based on understanding from PMBOK. Some of the questions really tricky, but the rest of questions can answer it follow the logic. I may need your professional advice for me to resolve this issue. I feel nothing to do at the moment, any suggestions or kind words will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Best Regards,
Cherry
Last edit: by Cherry Tan.

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 10 months ago #10863

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Cherry,

Don't be discouraged! You are in the same boat as many who take the exam the first time.

While people scoring well on the practice exams as you did are generally considered ready to sit for the PMP, everyone is different. I don't know if there were any factors that day that may have affected your performance (tiredness or nervousness, for example).

You may want to view people's lessons learned forum here . My own is
here .

Also, you may have been very close to MP in the areas where you scored BP....

Don't give up!

If you provide some more insight here into your approach, it may be possible for some of us to give you some ideas for continuing to prepare.

-Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton, Cherry Tan

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 10 months ago #10883

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
was this the actual PMP exam or a practice exam (if practice, please specify which one).
if it is the real exam, then Tracy have said it all. I can only add wishes and good luck to you on your next trial.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton, Cherry Tan

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 10 months ago #10910

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Don't be discouraged. I also failed the first time, and I thought I was doing well on the test. After failing, I studied more of trying to answer the ambiguous questions and not so much the absolute formulas. The strategy worked for me and I was able to pass the exam on my second attempt The strategy worked for me and I was able to pass the exam on my second attempt

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 10 months ago #10913

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I have to agree with Tracy, 35 plus years of project management and lots of studying and I too failed the first time. I followed the advice of many and started again, read the PMBOK Twice, took the video courses over again (I did them twice also), read a independent study book, flash cards (I used the PrepCast cards) and multiple free and not so free test. A year later I passed...but just by the skin of my teeth. Patience and Persistence Cherry....you will make it.
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosana Juestel, Cherry Tan

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 10 months ago #10952

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Cherry,

Don't give up! Reexamine your study plan and make sure that you are putting in the requisite work in the areas you are weak in. Also be sure to use a variety of study books and quizzes in addition to the PM PrepCast and Simulator for the best chance of getting diverse viewpoints on the material. If you need a study guide, send me a message and I can provide you with one that I wrote to help out my own PMP students. Thanks

-Steven
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cherry Tan

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 10 months ago #10956

• Cherry Tan
  • Cherry Tan's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you guys for your kind words. Can I just check with you that how should I process with next stage study? I was thinking that I should not re-use the exam simulator as it will diminish the value and the real purpose of this features. Is there any better plan or idea can share with me?

Thank you once again!

Seek for a re-study plan 6 years 9 months ago #10973

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Cherry -
As noted below "use a variety of study books and quizzes in addition to the PM PrepCast and Simulator" plus make your own flash cards from the PMBOK, develop a new cheat sheet and go through the videos again. The biggest thing for me was linking Table 3-1, Pg61 to the ITTOs. It didn't click for me until I redid the Chapter 4 Videos. Most importantly, relax! You will do this.
Best Wishes
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login