fbpx

Reply: Seek for a re-study plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Seek for a re-study plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #10973

John Wolverton

Cherry -
As noted below "use a variety of study books and quizzes in addition to the PM PrepCast and Simulator" plus make your own flash cards from the PMBOK, develop a new cheat sheet and go through the videos again. The biggest thing for me was linking Table 3-1, Pg61 to the ITTOs. It didn't click for me until I redid the Chapter 4 Videos. Most importantly, relax! You will do this.
Best Wishes
6 years 9 months ago #10956

Cherry Tan

Thank you guys for your kind words. Can I just check with you that how should I process with next stage study? I was thinking that I should not re-use the exam simulator as it will diminish the value and the real purpose of this features. Is there any better plan or idea can share with me?

Thank you once again!
6 years 9 months ago #10952

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Cherry,

Don't give up! Reexamine your study plan and make sure that you are putting in the requisite work in the areas you are weak in. Also be sure to use a variety of study books and quizzes in addition to the PM PrepCast and Simulator for the best chance of getting diverse viewpoints on the material. If you need a study guide, send me a message and I can provide you with one that I wrote to help out my own PMP students. Thanks

-Steven
6 years 9 months ago #10913

John Wolverton

I have to agree with Tracy, 35 plus years of project management and lots of studying and I too failed the first time. I followed the advice of many and started again, read the PMBOK Twice, took the video courses over again (I did them twice also), read a independent study book, flash cards (I used the PrepCast cards) and multiple free and not so free test. A year later I passed...but just by the skin of my teeth. Patience and Persistence Cherry....you will make it.
6 years 9 months ago #10910

Anonymous

's Avatar

Don't be discouraged. I also failed the first time, and I thought I was doing well on the test. After failing, I studied more of trying to answer the ambiguous questions and not so much the absolute formulas. The strategy worked for me and I was able to pass the exam on my second attempt The strategy worked for me and I was able to pass the exam on my second attempt
6 years 9 months ago #10883

Ahmed Amin

was this the actual PMP exam or a practice exam (if practice, please specify which one).
if it is the real exam, then Tracy have said it all. I can only add wishes and good luck to you on your next trial.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login