fbpx

Reply: brain dump

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : brain dump

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11007

John Wolverton

Thanks, and spot on with your comments.
6 years 9 months ago #11006

John Wolverton

Paul, Great to hear about your test and thanks for sharing!
I too agree the Brain Dump is about learning, no so much using on the test.
6 years 9 months ago #11002

Paul

's Avatar

I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback. I took the exam yesterday. I had continued doing the brain dump every day and I did the dump before the exam because I felt time would not be an issue for me. However, Like Kevin I did not really use the sheets. I think I looked at it once to check a process, but I think just practicing the brain each day was the important part for me. The 47 processes I could name in my sleep. Oh and I did pass the exam with a lot of time left over.

Thanks for the help.
6 years 10 months ago #10672

Anonymous

's Avatar

I just took the exam last night and passed. I found it helpful to have done all 47 processes and formulas. I referred to the process chart a number of times during the test. It was very helpful. Also, I found the PM Exam Simulator questions to be very similar to the real exam. Good luck!
6 years 10 months ago #10658

Cornelius Fichtner

Kevin -- I agree completely with you. Having a brain dump is a 'healthy' way of learning all those things that are hard for you. And by repeating them again and again you will more easily retain the information that seemed too complex at first.

In fact... I wrote an article about exactly that... anyone surprised? ;) Here it is:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...xam-brain-dump-sheet
6 years 10 months ago #10657

Kevin Nason

Paul - I spent a lot of time practicing my Brain Dump prior to my actual exam, along with during my practice exams. When it came time for me to take the actual exam, I only found my self referring to it to double check the formulas. I do recommend you continue to practice creating one, as the repetitiveness for me helped when it came to exam time.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login