fbpx

Reply: PMI rejected my experience detailed in 500 characters

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI rejected my experience detailed in 500 characters

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28820

Elizabeth Harrin

I saw your message posted twice, Daniel, so I've deleted the duplicate. Hopefully someone will be able to comment. There's a detailed article here that talks about how to fill in your experience: www.project-management-prepcast.com/how-...-the-pmp-application
2 years 3 months ago #28800

Daniel Essiet

's Avatar

I filled this PMP application. Sir is there any problem with it. Please l need your advice.
Sample
Rural Primary Health Services Delivery Project
Organization
DFID/British Council
Job Title
Project Team Leader(Akwa Ibom
Functional Reporting Area
Director Health
Organization Primary Focus
Healthcare
Approach/Methodology
Traditional (Waterfall)
Project Team Sizes
1 to 4
Project Budget
Up to $1M
Time Spent on Project to Date
July, 1997 - August, 1997
Project Description
The project was aimed to strengthen the rural health system and supporting the Government in implementing the National Health Plan (NHP) as it relates to rural health.
The health status of the population has deteriorated due to severe neglect of the health system, especially in the rural areas, where 80% of the population lives. The poor health status of the rural population points to a weak primary health care (PHC) system.
To overcome this mismatch, the government, recognised the needs to pay greater attention to health service delivery at community levels. Consequently, the government built an innovative partnership with DFID to improve rural PHC by improving health information and monitoring systems, and revitalize rural health facilities. DFID had offered preparatory technical assistance on health needs and service capacity.
Initiating: Workshop was held to identify deliverables and milestones. Several meetings were held to identify key stakeholders. Identified and validated the project interdependencies. Documented high-level risks, assumptions and constraints. The British council had developed the project charter and was the project sponsor.
Planning: Assessed detailed project requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders. Collected requirements and defined scope. The roles and responsibilities of the project team members were defined.
Conducted kick-off meeting where communicated the start of the project and the key milestones.
My role: I was the project team leader for Akwa Ibom State. I manage the day-to-day implementation of the project outputs at Mkpa Enin local government level. I also provided overall guidance to the implementation of the project, established partnership consultation process leading to agreements with stakeholders.
My responsibilities also included: managing task execution by leading the project team ,measuring project performance , and obtaining stakeholder feedback to evaluate their satisfaction (CL).
As project team leader, I manage the schedule, total resource requirement, risks on the project, quality requirements, especially performance and stakeholders management. I also ensure the team performance as per plan as we meet scheduled goals. I also ensured high team morale to ensure a high team. I participated in the project review workshop with the British Council leadership.
Executing: I ensure the assignments were carried out in phases. These included implementation of appropriate data collection methods used in research, assessment, and evaluation. We carried out surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups and observations to build a data set. The emphasis was on the need to build shared ownership of community health.
Project outcome
This project was completed under budget and within the stated timeline.The findings assisted the government in implementing policies, standards, and strategies for strengthening the rural health sector within the framework of the PHC.
At the end of the project, I released project resources, documented lessons learned and prepared project for the sign off.

Remove Experience
Edit Experience
Magazine production project
Organization
Pathways Africa Magazine
Job Title
Editor
Functional Reporting Area
Media
Organization Primary Focus
Transportation
Approach/Methodology
Traditional (Waterfall)
Project Team Sizes
5 to 9
Project Budget
Up to $1M
Time Spent on Project to Date
April, 2004 - January, 2008
Project Description
I was responsible for managing the magazine production cycles from receipt of original manuscripts through product delivery, ensuring that customers receive high-quality solutions on time, and within budget.
Managing a magazine project efficiently requires a lot of experience, skills and knowledge; and excellent organizational skills.
My role: makes decisions regarding the tone, style, organisation of pages, article format, publication schedule and more.
As the Editor, I oversees a team of writers.
My responsibilities include ensure content produced is consistent with the pre-defined editorial strategy.
Work with internal production staff to ensure the completion of magazine on time and within the project budget
Monitor production schedule and budget, through project life cycle
Liaise with the editorial team to make sure all content is delivered to schedule
Work with the designer to check printer proofs before press
Write print specifications and liaise with printers throughout the process
Work with the Publishing Director to ensure all projects are produced to the highest quality standard
Carry out lessons learned and cost/schedule analysis
Preparing the articles, library and Internet research to be undertaken, using current materials.
Delivery schedule
Editorial management ensures that the magazine project progresses within the budget and timeframe, and is delivered to the highest standards. It entails maintaining the production sheet to ensure consistent standards throughout the magazine production project. It also requires maintaining the quality of the project – right from inception to the final deliverables.
Editorial project management essentially, involves controlling various tasks that decide the quality of the publishing process. 12 magazines editions are produced in a year. It takes a month to produce. For a month I ensure production schedules and cycles. On a daily basis, I set up and monitor each stage from manuscript assessment to editing, page layout and design, proofs, and deliverables. I coordinate copyediting, design, typesetting, and printing services; ensure final deliverables are completed on time and to specification. For a week, I supervise design elements, composition, incorporate and review corrections and revised pages.
Understand the Project:
I and the publisher define the goals, objectives and requirements of the magazine.
Examine the Content: I and the publisher will assess the structure and use of language in the manuscript.
Scheduling: I and the publisher would prepare an efficient time-bound schedule to ensure timely completion of each task in the magazine production project.
Budgeting: The top management determines the costs and assesses the profitability of the magazine and creates a contingency plan while keeping within the budget.
Manage the Team: the editor and the team create work requirements, match capabilities and put together an effective team.
Communicate Effectively: As an editor, I schedule regular meetings to ensure that the editorial project is on track and all members are meeting their milestones.
My responsibility as the editor is to keep a look out for any warning signs that could cause a variance in the schedule and delivery or compromise the quality of the magazine deliverables.
2 years 4 months ago #28591

Elizabeth Harrin

Yash, this is a really old thread - you might get more responses if you start a new one?
2 years 4 months ago #28590

Yash

's Avatar

Hi Everyone,

I am compiling experience section for PMP application. Just wondering whether this is OK to submit. Appreciate your advise.

Objective: Develop symbolic first step to the most ambitious construction project in land reclaimed from sea to create a fully-fledged modern micro-city. Development consist of two interconnecting steel buildings which will be used to promote port city development for potential investors.

IN: Collected historical information, processes and procedures on steel structure erection projects in marine environment. Identified initial requirements of the project, potential risks, constraints and existing agreements with the nominated subcontractors for the Audio Visual and Interior Decoration works. Identified the key stakeholders and their level of involvement to the project Developed the project charter with the project sponsor

PL: Created project scope statement and WBS with the involvement of Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Departments Created the project activity list which is required to develop a plan Estimated activity duration, cost and resource requirements with the involvement of project team and developed relevant schedule and cost baselines Determined and set quality standards, processors and inspection and test plan which required to followed during construction work Determined the roles and responsibilities of the team when executing the site works Identified the potential risks and possible mitigation actions Identified the project communication requirements and developed communication matrix

EX: Managed the people to perform the required tasks effectively by providing required guidance and training required through knowledge sharing. Followed the processes set and agreed during planning phase and assess the effectiveness of quality processors and plans through quality audits. Collected work performance data for the work packages carried out Evaluated team performance and provided training. Used issue logs and record the issues identified. Reported on project performance Conducted weekly technical and coordination meetings with subcontractors and authorities to solve the conflicts and site issues

MC: Analyzed and evaluated the work performance data and produced work performance and progress reports to present to the Sponsor and higher management
Took actions to monitor and control the project work and measure performance against the schedule and cost baselines
Evaluated the change requests from the sub-contractors and the sponsor for the schedule and cost impact and discussed with the sponsor on the acceptability of the changes
Performed quality control inspections as per the inspection and test plan prepared during the planning phase to ensure the work comply with the project requirements and quality standards.
Prepared quality reports to highlight non-compliance and defective works. Reviewed the rectification proposals and monitored the rectification works to ensure the rectified works are in compliance with project requirements

CL: Conducted final inspections for all the discipline, Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical and Landscape work to confirm the work packages are completed to comply with project requirements.
Developed a list of minor defects and minor outstanding work which can be completed within Defect Notification Period of the project with the agreement of the Sponsor
Reviewed and finalized the handing over documents such as operation and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, warranty certificates and testing and commissioning reports for mechanical and electrical works.
Completed the final project performance report with the lessons learned during the project and presented to higher management.
Archived all the handing over documents and other project documents for future reference
2 years 10 months ago #27382

Nicole

's Avatar

am I going in the right direction
Objective: To research and developed a high level and detailed Disaster Recovery plan outlining general overview of processes, logistics and declaration steps. As well as perform initial Disaster Recovery Test.
Role: My role was the Project Manager.
IN: Worked closely with the project sponsor to develop the project charter which included high level requirements such ensuring all offices with separate backup & recovery procedures are listed, all cloud and local backup & recovery procedures are listed and a complete Disaster Recovery test can be conducted simultaneously with little to no interruptions to the end users. Conducted an in-depth data analysis to determine all stakeholders on the project.
PL: Collected detailed requirements by having several interviews, and meetings with Stakeholders and SME’s. Defined scope which included a detailed list of what would be documented in the Disaster Recovery Plan and what would be left out of the Disaster Recovery Plan to be documented in the Business Impact Analysis. Created a WBS using decomposition techniques. Established all communication channels between stakeholders.
EX: Utilized the project organization chart and acquired a team of 4 members to begin to execute the project. Held weekly meeting within the project team to ensure project milestones were reached on time as well as discuss any impediments, constraints or risks that have arisen and implemented risk responses when necessary. Held bi- monthly meeting with Key stakeholders in regards to progress of project while all stakeholder received monthly emails regarding the progress of the project as stated in the stakeholder engagement plan.
MC: Ensured that stakeholder changes were processed through change management processes as well as any communication method changes. Reviewed work to ensure activates we being completed on schedule and no development of scope creep occurring.
CL: The Disaster Recovery Plan was completed and accepted by the project sponsor. Transferred the Disaster Recovery Plan to the IT Policies registry.
Outcome: A Disaster Recovery Plan was created, scheduled for testing and executed with no complications
2 years 11 months ago #27211

Elizabeth Harrin

It looks OK to me. Have you checked out the examples here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/how-...-the-pmp-application ?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login