fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Need help understanding Standard Deviation associated with product variation.

Need help understanding Standard Deviation associated with product variation. 7 years 1 month ago #9955

• Heather Fleming
  • Heather Fleming's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Here is the practice question:
..standard deviation associated with the product variation was 0.7 inches and with the measurement variation was 0.5 inches, What is the total standard deviation here?
a. 1.2
b. 0.86
c. 0 .49
d.0.25
the answer was b . 0.86. I have no idea how to get to this number. I was looking at the standard deviation formula: P - O/ 6 = standard deviation. Answer states to use variation formula [P -O/6 ]2. I cannot tell what the Pessimistic is or the Optimistic is in this question? Can you please help me?

Need help understanding Standard Deviation associated with product variation. 7 years 1 month ago #9960

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Heather,
Can you please also post the source of the question you posted? It is important to give credit to the original author.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Need help understanding Standard Deviation associated with product variation. 7 years 1 month ago #9977

• Heather Fleming
  • Heather Fleming's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
the source is a practice exam from Project Management Professional Certification Exam Prep - Third Edition.
Will you be able to provide me with some assistance? i'm taking my exam this week. Thank you
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login