fbpx

Reply: Need help understanding Standard Deviation associated with product variation.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need help understanding Standard Deviation associated with product variation.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 weeks ago #9977

Heather Fleming

the source is a practice exam from Project Management Professional Certification Exam Prep - Third Edition.
Will you be able to provide me with some assistance? i'm taking my exam this week. Thank you
7 years 2 weeks ago #9960

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Heather,
Can you please also post the source of the question you posted? It is important to give credit to the original author.
Thanks,
Mark
7 years 2 weeks ago #9955

Heather Fleming

Here is the practice question:
..standard deviation associated with the product variation was 0.7 inches and with the measurement variation was 0.5 inches, What is the total standard deviation here?
a. 1.2
b. 0.86
c. 0 .49
d.0.25
the answer was b . 0.86. I have no idea how to get to this number. I was looking at the standard deviation formula: P - O/ 6 = standard deviation. Answer states to use variation formula [P -O/6 ]2. I cannot tell what the Pessimistic is or the Optimistic is in this question? Can you please help me?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login