fbpx

Reply: How to calculate Present Value & Future Value on standard PC Calculator????

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to calculate Present Value & Future Value on standard PC Calculator????

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8791

Kelly Coughlin

's Avatar

Thanks very much for the reply, I agree, Youtube is the best resource for pretty much any question in the world. Cheers.
7 years 4 months ago #8790

Kevin Nason

Kelly

I would start by looking on YouTube for some very simple videos, like this one
. It is important for you to understand the PV and FV formula and what it means so you can pull the relevant data from the exam question. Looking back when I took the exam in April, the PV and FV question required analysis and understanding. Once you understand the meaning of the formula the "manual" calculation was easy.

The prometric center I went to handed me a very basic calculator, as in small and limited functionality. I also had access to the "windows" version and that was very basic as well. There was not option to change the calculator to a "scientific" or what other options there are currently offered in windows in current versions. It is something I checked. ;)

So my advice to you is to not to rely on short cuts available on a calculator, given that the test center may not have those options for you at test time, and the actual exam question may not be so easy as plugging in the numbers. I personally find that understanding the formula and how it works is much better, since you can always back into the answer given the it is a multiple choice exam.

I hope this helps you and best of luck in your exam prep!

Kevin
7 years 4 months ago #8777

Kelly Coughlin

Can anybody tell me how to perform these calculations using a standard Windows calculator? I bought the Prepcast formula study guide and although I have the formulas I cannot figure out how to do them using the Windows calculator. Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login