fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Pausing Exam Simulator

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8740

• Bonnie
  • Bonnie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I just listened to your 4 minute explanation of Why you cannot pause the Simulator. You are missing the point, it's a simulator. The marathon runners, train for a marathon, they run every day like you say, but sometimes, they start and say, dont feel like running today, lets go home.

Look, you have a good product, I'm using it in the hope I can pass the exam soon. To make it fun for you, here is a suggestion.
Go to the Monitor and Control process and create a change request for a Pause Button, or a Stop button that allows you to restart it later. Send the Change Request to the Integrate change Control process for discussion, and approval, or disaproval, but I'm a Stakeholder, please submit the CR.

Thanks

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8742

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Kelly,

I understand your frustration and I had similar thoughts when I was using the simulator, but I do also understand why there is not a pause button. I often had a hard time blocking out an entire 4 hours to do a full exam. My solution was to use the shorter timed exams. I could often block out enough time to do 25, 50 or 100 question timed exams. That allowed me to complete as many questions as possible before my actual exam which I think is pretty critical. I think the ability to do the shorter timed exams satisfies your requirement of not running the entire marathon scenario. Best of luck to you in your preparation!

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8750

• Heather Davidson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
There are several problems A) with the timed shorter sessions questions often repeat and then you know the answer.
There are browser issues unless you use firefox and since I am often on my work laptop where firefox is not authorized I spend 10-15 mins trying to get the exam simulator to open up. If I had known about the browser issues I would not have bought the testing, I do feel ripped off that it takes an act of god on my computer to get the exam simulations to open up.

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8761

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Heather,

Have you tried using Google Chrome? That is what I used and I had no issues. If you continue to have issues, please contact the support folks. There were very helpful to me when I experienced some different issues with the simulator back in May.

Also, when I used the simulator back in May there was an option to select only unanswered questions when setting up the shorter timed exams. I assume that option still exists and if so, I don't think you should be seeing the same question repeated if you have selected the correct option.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8763

• Bonnie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
There are problems with the simulator when using Google Chrome. That's all I use. It's strange ,you are logged in, and clicking the simulator button takes you to a blank screen that says its the simulator. This happens often. The first dozen or so times I just kept trying different things and eventually it would work. Now I think I know what fixes it. In Chrome, my password is stored along with my user name. So I just click the Login button and log in. But if I manually type in the password, it seems to work. BTW, the site accepts my password regardless of how I do it.

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8765

• Bonnie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I've been locked out of the simulator for the last 30 minutes. The simulator opens up to a Logout Button. That's it. My password fix above does not work.

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8766

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Bonnie,

Have you contacted support? It would be best to contact support directly about these issues. You should get better response time.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8767

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Please write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8769

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Bonnie -- Jonathan Hebert has been trying to reach out to you regarding your issue with Chrome to help you personally on the phone. Have you received his messages?
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8771

• Bonnie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
no messages on my phone. I got into the system after trying for about 20 minutes, now I am locked out again.
I've attached a screenshot of the what the screen looks like after hitting the Exam Simulator button to get in.
Attachments:

Pausing Exam Simulator 7 years 5 months ago #8772

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Bonnie -- Please email your phone number to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that he can call you.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login