fbpx

Reply: Brain Dumping No Longer Allowed at Prometric Test Centers

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Brain Dumping No Longer Allowed at Prometric Test Centers

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #8727

Matt Mcdonnell

When I did my exam last week, I went in knowing I couldn't do a brain dump. So I spent 5 minutes going through the tutorial, started my exam, and did the brain dump as soon as I started the exam. If you go into the exam treating it as a 3 hour and 50 minute exam instead of a 4 hour exam, then you can take the time to do your dump, and just pace yourself slightly faster to complete the rest of it.

I was given my paper when I was seated, and told that I wouldn't be able to write anything until I clicked the "start" button. Although in my case, I just had a bunch of EVM formulas, and in the end, there only a handful of questions that required EVM formulas...
7 years 4 months ago #8712

Cornelius Fichtner

To clarify the policy, Gregg Shaffer (Manager, Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) Program) posted the following comment on LinkedIn:

To be clear, PMI still allows “brain dumps.” However, because of the importance of the tutorial, PMI simply states that the practice of “brain dumps,” in alignment with industry best practices and standards, not be allowed until after the tutorial is completed. We ask all to please respect and follow this direction.

7 years 5 months ago #8709

Monty

's Avatar

As much as you'd like to think this is a good thing, for those that have spent the last few months reading all of yours and everyone else's material on how to do a brain dump and the best way to do it, now telling me I cant use it, it is Not a good thing or good practice to enforce it without announcing a change and a date the change will take affect.

Just my two cents.

That said, I have noticed in my last few weeks of preparing, that it is extremely rare that I would even look at the thing when doing practice tests. I'll spend this weekend seeing how fast I can write the couple of forecasting formulas that still make me think.
7 years 5 months ago #8705

Cornelius Fichtner

We just published an article on this topic in which I summarize the situation and advise our students on the way forward:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...-pmp-exam-brain-dump
7 years 5 months ago #8703

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Neha,

You should always be sure to understand your test center policies procedures and always ask questions if you don't understand. For example, at my test center you had to ask for a hand held calculator if you wanted one. They would not just give you one. Ask them how they will monitor when your 15 min. tutorial is completed so that you can get the paper and start the exam without losing any valuable time.

Good luck,

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8699

Neha Shah

Any idea if we will be given a paper after the 15 min tutorial is done?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login