fbpx

Reply: OLIVER LEHMAN (75 QUESTIONS)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : OLIVER LEHMAN (75 QUESTIONS)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25220

Pratima

I think C is the answer but don't understand why A is the answer.
7 years 6 months ago #8397

Maria Eugenia Labajos

's Avatar

Thank you, Ganavel.
I also thought that C was the correct answer, but I got confused with the given solution.
7 years 6 months ago #8393

Ganavel Dorai Rethinam, MSc, PMP

Ganavel Dorai Rethinam, MSc, PMP's Avatar

Hi Maria,

I read in another forum and this is what was explained.
"Relationship can be in % which means based on x% of predecessor the successor can start/finish depending on type of relationship. However, you cannot calculate critical path when relationship are in % and not absolute duration (e.g. days)".

Based on this explanation, the best choice would be C. But the answer given online is A.
7 years 6 months ago #8343

Maria EUgenia Labajos

Hello everybody!

Could someone explain the following question to me? It´s from Oliver Lehman 75 questions and I don´t understand why the first option is the correct one (I hope you can see the network diagram).

You have just created the following network logic diagram to describe the planned flow of activities for your project which will start tomorrow:

Which potential inconsistency in the diagram should you solve right now to ensure that the activities and the milestones "Start" and "A-F finished" are correctly linked?

Activity E is open ended (a "dangle") in relation to the finish milestone path convergence.
Activity F is open ended in relation to the path divergence after the start milestone.
You cannot calculate a critical path when lags and/or leads are calculated in percent.
Activities E to F need another task drawn as a hammock to calculate level of effort.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Mª. Eugenia Labajos
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login